Tube Amp Repair Tech - Philadelphia???

Cuffclean

Back years ago there was a guy in Trevose Pa. Northeast of the city on Brownville Rd. called Trevose Electronics, I know the place is still there but I don't know if the guy is even still alive, I hasn't been in his store in 35 years. I would wait until Monday and call them before I go out there, to be sure they even still mess with them.

Here locally (Knoxville, TN) we have Terry DeWick you can find him if you rummage around here http://www.statementaudio.com/ (click on links , audio refurbishers, then DeWick repairs)

Though I knew of him locally, I was really impressed one day when I called McIntosh Inc.

I had a question about tube rolling in a McIntosh MC-2102, so who did I call? I called McIntosh. After all, they designed & BUILT the darn thing, right? While connected, I worked my way to their technical help desk.

Long story short, upon telling the guy some of my questions on the 2102 he somewhere in there, asked where I lived. When he heard Knoxville, he brighted up immediately and said "Aww heck... do you know Terry DeWick?"... I confirmed that I did and he then suggested that I run my SAME questions past Terry.

Now, remember, this was the technical guy AT MCINTOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sending me away to Terry.

Now if THAT isn't a feather in Terry's cap...(at least in my opinion it is and I swear on grave of my 2 dogs, it's a true story)

So, if you don't mind shipping, Terry is highly regarded. I'm sure there are others near you though but I was so impressed with the plug that McIntosh put onto Terry, I just enjoy telling the story.

Also, having been to his shop (house) numerous times, he is a real class guy. Fortunately for me, his shop is about 4 miles from my work.

[:D]