...what does anyone think of the KLF30 ?

Speedball

Our local dealer has a pair of KLF 30's for sale and they are in pretty good shape. I've never seen them before and they seem to have a midrange horn as well as for the tweeter and a couple cone drivers for bass duty.

They could use some new material on the front and I would probably recover them with formica or another laminate even though the laminate is now in very good shape. I wonder how they would handle tube gear compared to the RF7's.

$300.00 per speaker.........curious.

$600 is a steal. I would buy them site unseen for that price. What finish are they? I lust after Mahogany KLF-30's. They are a rockin' speaker, much like the RF-7, but they are a 3-way. Even better, I say! Go for it. you could always flip them for that price.

Jeremy

The cabinetry is a bit shoddy, hot melt glue with particle board, but so long as they haven't been exposed to moisture- I'm told they are one of the best ROCK speakers Klipsch ever made. From what I've heard, that is a good price. Capo is correct, the Mahogany is striking.

M

I have a pair of KLF-20s and they sound awesome. Not quite as sensitive as the 30s, but they play plenty loud. At that price, buy them. If you don't like them you can always turn around and sell them. The last few pairs I've seen on Ebay have gone for around $1000. Heck, offer him $500 and see what he says...

Let us know how you make out.

David

They are a very dark color so I suppose they are Mahogany since they were made in either that or oak.....from what I gather.

I've been researching and waiting for some good amplification or a nice tube preamp for my RF7's so they are probably not for me. Audiogon bluebook is $900.00+ for a used pair.......and they are a three way which would be interesting.