How did you mount your surround speakers?

yiotta

I have a new setup coming soon (RB-35/RC3/RS3). I plan to put the RC3

on a shelf just above the television, The RB-35s up above the monitor

on both front corners (probably on the top shelf of the entertainment

center), and the RS-3 on shelve in upper rear corners of the room.

What did you do and how did you mount them? Just sitting loosely on a shelf or bracketed into the wall?

Thanks for teaching the noob to Klipsch!

I have KSF-S5 surrounds which are similar to yours and are attached to the rear wall about 7 ft. above the floor and 12 in. from the side walls according to the reccomendations from the Klipsch manual. The keyholes work well, but I wanted more ability to adjust them so I used Omnimounts attached to the threaded insert at the rear of the speaker. Here is a link to the manual for your surrounds: http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/reference_om.pdf , they don't show a corner mounting suggestion. A shelf on the side or rear would work, but an Omnimount or similar gives you an additional method to adjust them up or down firing to suit your room. Best of luck!

Omnimounts are wall and/or ceilling mounted brackets which mate to a ball hinge mounted to the rear of your speaker. (They have various mounts based on your speaker size and weight.) I have used the threaded ones wall mounted with 14 lbs. speakers for over 10 years without any failure. Omnimount now also have keyhole mounts for non-threaded speakers among others, this allows for nearly unlimited up/down and side to side rotation of your speakers to adjust them for your room type. Here is a link to one place which carries them: http://www.mountsandmore.com/Speaker-Mounts-C221.html

Bob