recycle bin on my pc

Why is it that everything I delete from my computer doesn't go to the recycle bin? It permanently deletes it all. I right click on it and go to properties and the "send to recycle bin" is checked and the compacity is set to 50%. Any ideas?

toodles

That's one of those unexplainable mysteries of Microsoft.

That and many other reason is why I'm running mostly on Linux now. I just use a highly tweaked version of XP Pro C.E. on my file/ftp/music/web server. My laptop and other PC both run Linux Kubuntu.

You were probably deleting from an application that does not use the Windows delete/bin function to send it to recycle. Sometimes when I'm using an image editor, doing ptp or something similar, the application just deletes the file from it's own cache and it never goes to the recycle bin...even if it's permanently saved on my pc but within the constraints of the application running the file.

I am pretty sure somehow your setting changed. I remember there was a way to bypass the recycle bin but I forgot where to find it. I think its buried deep to prevent people from accidently allowing it but some viruses do it just to not allow you to undelete

Click here for info on where to go in the registry to fix this: http://www.theeldergeek.com/enable_disable_recycle_bin.htm. If that doesn't work do a search on google. There is a wealth of information. Hint: type in Disable recycle bin. The will tell you how to enable or disable. On my systems, I've done away with the recycle bin altogether, I don't even have the icon.

Make sure to reboot after you make any changes.

Also, make sure to check your system for viruses.