New CD Player arrived Sony ES

XA20ES

I was very taken in, shocked and amazed by one issue, initially. Anyone care to guess what it is?

BS

That it plays SACD's but not DVD Audio discs ?

Nooo, but good guess Willy. Just left Charleston and I did not look you up, catcha next visit?

BS

XA20ES

I was very taken in, shocked and amazed by one issue, initially. Anyone care to guess what it is?

BS

That it plays SACD's but not DVD Audio discs ?

Nooo, but good guess Willy. Just left Charleston and I did not look you up, catcha next visit?

BS

Hope you had a good time ; and did not eat at Hymans . [+o(]

Actually, I love how slow the drawer moves, but more importantly everything seems to be presented at a much slower pace. I think I had a speed or a meth problem with my last CDP...maybe the timing was off or something? Not sure...I like the newer pace much better.

Actually, I love how slow the drawer moves,

but more importantly everything seems to be presented at a much slower

pace. I think I had a speed or a meth problem with my last CDP...maybe

the timing was off or something? Not sure...I like the newer pace much

better.

Gee ever drive a muscle car ?

or a Ford Tempo?

Tempo has a slow tempo to p[rtoect the vehicle from damage. Slow CD transport is the same principle.

Really fast CD transports are more than we would pay for... that would last for 10 years.

CEC is the best from my research but I will not spend the money for one.

Doesn't play CDRs or how ridiculously slow the drawer moves?

And Willy, the only place to eat in Ctown is Peninsula Grill. Al-Di La in W. Ashley is a good meal as well.

What about Charleston Chops? Blossum wasn't bad either...

Never been to CC. Blossom is a solid meal though.

Doesn't play CDRs or how ridiculously slow the drawer moves?

And Willy, the only place to eat in Ctown is Peninsula Grill. Al-Di La in W. Ashley is a good meal as well.

Ha Ha , I hear great things about Al-Di La but have never eaten there ; I'm off on Sundays and Mondays and aparently they are too . As far as Peninsula , I've eaten there on a few occassions and allways had a great dinner there . With over 100 restaurants downtown I would hardly say it's the only place to eat [;)] .

Sorry to hijack your thread BS . BTW I've never noticed that my Sony NS999es runs at a slower pace . The only thing that bothers me about it is the disc tray , which is wafer thin . I'm scared that one of these days it's going to snap off . Oh yeah , and it only likes pristine discs .

Willy P - Hospitality Engineer "Magnolias" since 1996

PS - Charleston Chops was seized by the government about 6 months ago . And as far as decore goes There is nothing downtown that can compete with Cypress . The same architect that designed La Circ in NY did the plans for it . And it's the only place in town that does tableside service ; Chattau Brion , Rack of Lamb , Cherries Jubilee and Bannanas Foster to name a few .

I think I've just made myself hungry . [:|]

PS - Charleston Chops was seized by the government about 6 months ago . And as far as decore goes There is nothing downtown that can compete with Cypress . The same architect that designed La Circ in NY did the plans for it . And it's the only place in town that does tableside service ; Chattau Brion , Rack of Lamb , Cherries Jubilee and Bannanas Foster to name a few .

I think I've just made myself hungry . [:|]

I actually ate at Charleston Chops some 6+ month ago and Cypress during the most recent visit. Cypress was outstanding, but we also took in the Boat House...good eats, too. I'm sorta stuck on an endless Ahi Tuna hunt. Cypress, Blossum and another one that escapes me, are all linked by ownership, I think..

Actually, I love how slow the drawer moves, but more importantly everything seems to be presented at a much slower pace. I think I had a speed or a meth problem with my last CDP...maybe the timing was off or something? Not sure...I like the newer pace much better.

Gee ever drive a muscle car ?

or a Ford Tempo?

Tempo has a slow tempo to p[rtoect the vehicle from damage. Slow CD transport is the same principle.

Really fast CD transports are more than we would pay for... that would last for 10 years.

CEC is the best from my research but I will not spend the money for one.

What is CEC? BEC's brother?

BS , Perhaps you should try the rare seared sesame crusted tuna with wasabi mash potatoes and Asain slaw drizzled with sweet chilli pepper sauce appetizer , followed by the corriander rubbed ahi tuna with braised greens pan fried potato cake and jalapeno pineapple chutney for dinner . I would suggest a bottle of the Chatau Sancerre to complement your meal , and perhaps some 100 year old Grand Marnier for dessert . "At Magnolias of course"

Oops , I did it again ... [:|]

Hot damn! Willie. That sounds great, now if I can remember where I got that derned seaweed slaw? Your treat, next visit?

Well if you come to Mag's I'll treat you to the fresh lemon upgrade for your ice water and all the Tuscan Bread you can eat ! Aw heck , I'll take care of your first course too ... [:o]

BS , Perhaps you should try the rare seared sesame crusted tuna with wasabi mash potatoes and Asain slaw drizzled with sweet chilli pepper sauce appetizer , followed by the corriander rubbed ahi tuna with braised greens pan fried potato cake and jalapeno pineapple chutney for dinner . I would suggest a bottle of the Chatau Sancerre to complement your meal , and perhaps some 100 year old Grand Marnier for dessert . "At Magnolias of course"

Oops , I did it again ... [:|]

This was probably not the best thread to read at 6.30 AM. I'll have another double espresso... Still curious though!