J-malotky's Heritage HT pics

j-malotky

I have been asked to post pics of my HT by several members, so I added some to the Photo gallery.

If you want to hear this room in person, the get together is May 20th.

400x300.aspx

Here is my screen and custom center. Screen is a Da-Lite grey 69" x 120"

Center is a K77 and K400 over the screen and a pair of K22's under the screen.

225x300.aspx

Heresy side speaker showing ceiling / wall corner mount. FYI - My mounts have been up for almost 4 years for those of you who do not want to mount a Heresy by its back pannel. Not as pretty as some of the later mounts people have posted.

Having the Heresy in the corner long ways does give it nice bass. I run all my surrounds in large mode.

281x375.aspx

Here is the rack.

On the top is a monitor for the HTPC which also does audio recording. I only use the monitor for recording, is a bit overkill on the big screen[:)]

Left side top to bottom

Thorens turn table

McIntosh MC36 preamp - 2 channel listening only.

McIntosh MC250 (mono) (left)

McIntosh MC250 (mono) (right)

McIntosh MC250 (mono) (center)

Right side top to bottom

HTPC DVD player - PC is in the room behind the wall.

RJTech Karaoke player

Magnavox 650 red book CD player. (Old and mod'ed)

Panasonic VHS

Lexicon MC1

Mackie 12 channel mixer (Karaoke)

McIntosh MC250 (st) (sides)

McIntosh MC2105 (st) (rears)

Sampson S1000 (SVS subs)

Karaoke runs through the Lexicon. also faders to the HTPC for recording. My wife is the singer not me[:o]

MC36 is only used for 2 CH. On top of the MC you can see my Niles switch. I switch between the MC36 and Lexicon for the main amps. Works great.

This system works for me[;)]

JM

wow great setup!!

One of the few times I can look at a man and say NICE RACK!! I am impressed with your presentation too! Great to see everything out in the open.... it is quite impressive to me too!

OK, I will stop. LOL

Seriously, how do you like it sound wise? It looks fantastic!

Thanks guys.

The room accoustics...... I designed the room dimentions and layout before I built my house. From the listening row, the room only has two single nulls both under 80 hz, no doubles or tripples. I wanted a lot of bare walls as that always helps the McIntosh midrange IMO.

Also what you can't see is that I ran PVC conduits to all speaker locations so I can repull to my hearts desire. Notice no wires showing in my rack either, The rack is recesed into my storage area. On my 250's my interconnects come stright out of the side walls into the amps.

Rack weight and McIntoshs...... When my builder saw my plans he asked me if he could remove the center pole. I laughed of course and explained that my amps weigh 40 to 75 pounds each. Those Mac's are built like Klipsch Heritage speakers, I will be able to give them to my grand kids someday.

It was funny the first time Artto was at my house, first thing he did was walk the room. In the listening area, there are no reflections from the front array, so the sound basicilly just passes your ears once then bounces arround in the rear of the room where it sounds like crap, but who cares, there is no one back there listening to anything[:)] The sides and rears play downwards to the listening area also no bounces to speak of.

The HT sounds great. Very ballanced, you never really hear any of the speakers, just sound coming from all directions including overhead.

Since you were up here last summer Dr Who, I have added the Karaoke system and mixer for my wife. I have done some tweaking on my Lexicon to get better imaging between my sides and mains too. The Karoke is run through the Lexicon through the entire 7.1 setup and sounds great.

Roger, if you are free next weekend (May 20th), you and the family should road trip up here and do some singing. My wife and some of her singing friends plan to have the Karaoke system running Saturday afternoon. There will be other familys here too so the wife will have other women to talk too. Also Lisa (Meagain) may be here too.

JM

Roger, if you are free next weekend (May 20th), you and the family should road trip up here and do some singing. My wife and some of her singing friends plan to have the Karaoke system running Saturday afternoon. There will be other familys here too so the wife will have other women to talk too. Also Lisa (Meagain) may be here too.

JM

Seriously Roger, come up for the first annual CheeseFest.

For anyone interested in attending the Milwaukee Get Together please contact John Malotky or me (boomac) so we can get an accurate head count.

There will be activities: the 19th, 20th & 21st

Friday Night: Wisconsin fish fry, system previewing and perhaps some live music!

Saturday AM: John's house for a look at his Klipsch and Mac based system.

Saturday PM: Barbeque at boomacs followed by system previewing. Macs & Cornwalls and Balanced Audio Technology with Cornwalls and Forte IIs.

Saturday later: Over to John's for an HT show. We may also take the BAT gear over to set-up with the Khorns.

Sunday AM: open to do whatever.

For anyone interested in attending the Milwaukee Get Together please contact John Malotky or me (boomac) so we can get an accurate head count.

There will be activities: the 19th, 20th & 21st

Friday Night: Wisconsin fish fry, system previewing and perhaps some live music!

Saturday AM: John's house for a look at his Klipsch and Mac based system.

Saturday PM: Barbeque at boomacs followed by system previewing. Macs & Cornwalls and Balanced Audio Technology with Cornwalls and Forte IIs.

Saturday later: Over to John's for an HT show. We may also take the BAT gear over to set-up with the Khorns.

Sunday AM: open to do whatever.