Need help picking a receiver for my speakers....please!

gonnaluvit

Hi guys, thanks for all the advice so far. What is everyones elses opinion of the pioneer 1015? I seem to be leaning towards it. From what I see it looks great and it has great reviews on other sites like cnet.

Another quick question, are my rf-52's going to work well as surround?

I love my Pioneer 1015. It's a big heavy unit with lot's of great features, especially it's room equalization features. It's a great deal at the current BB prices.

The fact that it's a Elite 52TX in consumer clothing doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

The one thing the 52TX has over the 1015 is the dual room capability. I didn't need that, but I DID need the 1 year warranty when lightning blew my power supply and BB replaced it for free, within a week.

I'd opt for the 1015 new, just to get the warranty.

I think the only other feature of the 52TX is the RS232 port that can be used for roon equalization features. I'm not missing that, I set the room equalization up for the default settings and it has tuned my room perfectly.. seamless sound.

I can't let this thread go to two pages and only one Denon recommendation.[;)] Yamaha makes good products but after owning 3 Yammi's I switched to the warmer sound of Denon and wish I would have started with them in the first place (I'm cheap and didn't want to spend the extra money)IMHO, if you find a Denon AVR 3805 (discontinued) for under $600 YOU may never feel the need to upgrade.[H]

I am kind of new here to, purchesed almost the same set up as you. I went with the RF-83,RC-64 and FR-82 for the rear. As for the receiver I had a older top of the line Yamaha model that worked very well. I did up grade because it just didn't have enough digital inputs. But the sound was excellent with the Klipsch. I now have a Sony 7100ES that I am very happey with also. Let us no what you end up with. [:)]

Alright guys, I really appreciate all your help. I just bought the Pioneer VSX-1015TX based on your advice and research. It should be here early next week, I can't wait.

Before these speakers, I've been using one of those Radio Shack specials. Its an RCA DVD/receiver player with its 6 tiny(4"*6") surround speakers. I may have commited a sin by plugging my Klipsch speakers into this 300 watt receiver. I can't wait to hear the difference with some real power!

So now that I'm getting rid of the RCA DVD player, any advice one a DVD/CD player that works well with the 1015 receiver? Can dvd players be controled through this receiver? My TV is a Samsung 50" DLP if that helps at all.

Thanks again!

I am sure that asking for CD/DVD recommendations will be similar to

asking about receivers, everyone has a favorite. BTW, I am

interested in recommendations for a new DVD player too (I am not HDTV

and do not plan to buy one anytime in the near future), but I do want

DVD/R with a hard drive built in. Is there one that will let me

watch a DVD while recording from the Satelite?

As for CD players, I have the Pioneer PD-F1009. It holds 300 CDs

plus has a sigle play slot, but will not hot swap (a feature I wish it

had). But it is user friendly and sounds good so I can recommend

it.

Alright guys, I really appreciate all your help. I just bought the Pioneer VSX-1015TX based on your advice and research. It should be here early next week, I can't wait.

Before these speakers, I've been using one of those Radio Shack specials. Its an RCA DVD/receiver player with its 6 tiny(4"*6") surround speakers. I may have commited a sin by plugging my Klipsch speakers into this 300 watt receiver. I can't wait to hear the difference with some real power!

So now that I'm getting rid of the RCA DVD player, any advice one a DVD/CD player that works well with the 1015 receiver? Can dvd players be controled through this receiver? My TV is a Samsung 50" DLP if that helps at all.

Thanks again!

First you gotta decide if you want dvd audio/sacd capability or just a dvd player.If its the latter you can have your pick for cheap.Is it important that the player does music good?