Best AV Receiver for Klipsch

PannyMan

I'm running a Panny Digital Receiver (SA-XR70X) with my new Klipsch Speakers. Everything sounds Great, but I would like to upgrade to HDMI Switching, more flexible Bass Management, etc.

Any ideas on the Best Sounding AV Receiver for Klipsch Reference Speakers (82s, 62, CDT5650s)?

What are you looking for; tubes or SS?There are so many ways to go, price is a factor, like MarkBK asks, seperates, intergrated, receiver, what are you looking for other than HDMI plug in? Many questions.......Many answers.

There is NO wrong choice with Klipsch, what sounds best to you is all that matters.

Looking for a mid-priced Solid State, Integrated unit, somewhere in the $1200 to $1800 range. The Panny sounds fine, but if I'm going to upgrade to a unit that offers the HDMI Switching, versatile bass management (Panny offers only 100HZ, 150HZ and 200HZ crossovers), Video upconversion, etc. I'd like to select a unit that will pair well with the Klipsch (Sound Wise).

I heard the RF-82s and 62 in the shop on one of the higher line Yammies...and they sounded fine. The speakers seem to sound better in my home, however, and I'm not sure if the improved sound is my Panny receiver, the room (large, open) or both.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I think so much does depend on your room, it is hard to just say outright this one verses that one, will work ONLY as your ONLY choice..LOL.. Yamaha vs Denon, both good products. Yamaha is perceived bright, Denon is perceived warm? The fight goes on!

Your also in a price range that you can get very good equipment today. Colterphoto1's Yamaha under 1k sounds WONDERFUL! It is also THX Ulta 2 certified.. A step up from that might offer more options.

I might suggest to some of you, a direct video output to your picture source is not always a bad thing.. Especially with projectors. I have a DVI cable direct from my DVD player and Component Hi Def Cables from my pre amp to my projector. Everything looks great, and no one uses the speakers inside a projector (or most TVs) any more anyhow, so why send a audio signal to the projector?

Now if your looking to just send ONE cable connection to your projector from your pre amp/ receiver, that makes sense. I just chose to go direct.

Your also in a price range that you can get very good equipment today. Colterphoto1's Yamaha under 1k sounds WONDERFUL! It is also THX Ulta 2 certified.. A step up from that might offer more options.

Which Yammi under $1000 is Ultra 2 certified? [:^)] BTW, I prefer Denon AVR's after having both Yamaha and Pioneer's in my home.

I didn't know Panny had a new receiver coming out. I certainly don't mind waiting for a unit with the right features and a great sound with my Klipsch Reference Speakers. As I mentioned earlier, my Panny XR70 sounds very good with my speakers, better than the Yammy they were powered with at the shop (IMHO).

I'll get on the internet and see what I can find out about the features on the XR700.

Thanks!