consumer audio myths

"I am not about to dispute the religious beliefs of anyone - these are sacrosanct, and belong to the individual alone. When the same arguments are used for audio, this is a different matter. Audio (unlike religious beliefs) is based on science. Without the efforts of scientific work and studies over many years by a great many people, we would not have audio as we know it. Now, we have charlatans and thieves claiming that science is ruining audio, and that we have to get back to the basics to enable real enjoyment."

Paul had a term for this.. the first one was BULL the next one was SHIT!

Thought some might find this interesting.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/ConsumerAudioMyths.php

Let me see if I understand, those speaker pinz don't work? Having Super big stones makes no difference? Size really doesn't matter? Damn this is not a good day.........

Jackson answer the post on Powered Subs; I just got new wires...........you'll know it when you see it.

I always used to be amazed at the bizarre things that some people in religous cults believed until I started getting into hi-fi. The level of hogwash, baloney, and downright criminal snake oil in audio is simply outrageous. If you ever wonder where those people went when they closed down all the state hospitals, read some articles in Audiophile.

I prefer the story about how a $50 wall recpticle puts"air" around instruments.One can only wonder why this madness is not illegal.You know,if you sell a ticket to the moon to some nut,thats prolly illegal,maybe?

I prefer the story about how a $50 wall recpticle puts"air" around instruments.One can only wonder why this madness is not illegal.You know,if you sell a ticket to the moon to some nut,thats prolly illegal,maybe?

LOL

A $50 wall receptacle as Stereophile recommended class A componment ! At one of the audio shops I heard a sales man say to a customer the speaker cables are very directional and they may not work well if direction of signal is not respected! LOL What a clown

Another day I hear audio cables after break in sound better and inflate! INFLATE like the BS pumped down the ignorant customer's throat to deflate his bank account and INFLATE sales.

The sales people hate me when I walk in,as I will ridicule any false sales pitch and make a circus out of some companies,respected companies.And I buy what I want and not what they want to sell. [:D]