what is this Peach stuff I am reading about

Glad you asked. Everything that the stereo box stores tell you as gossip about stereo box loudspeakers turns is not quite the whole truth and nothing but the truth when applied to big ole horn or planar or electrostatic loudspeakers.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Here, in the land of music and movie lovers who have large living rooms, big houses and deaf spouses, we have discovered two little niche marketers, who are slowly building an avid following from some of the most discerning tweaking audiophiles you will ever meet.

The first is a sweet sounding tube pre-amplifier from a frequent poster here whose business has the odd but memorable name of Juicy Music and whose amplifiers are renown as Blueberry, Peach and now Merlin (http://www.juicymusicaudio.com/).

The second is from another frequent poster here whose vintage integrated tube amplifier repair business has been a godsend for audiophiles claiming that big ole horns love tubes. His business is NOSvalves and he makes a powerful sounding tube amplifier uniquely suited to big ole horns. Many a die hard tube lover has graduated to his VRD amplifiers (http://www.nosvalves.com/).

[:P]

Very well written Colin, you do have the gift of phrasing.

The Peach is a modern line-stage tube pre-amp. Quite a few have

been sold to forum members to almost universal acclaim. The

Bluebbery has a phono stage and the Merlin is the new budget line stage.

All the dohickeys' and gadgets incorporated into these pre's can be

discovered at Mark's site. Also using the Search function on the

forum will yield a wealth of info and reviews.

It's also a state of mind one reached when listening to the combo already mentioned:

Peach/VRD makes everything just "peachie"

I hope to reach that state of mind, but with a Blueberry/VRD combo. Would that make everything just "blueberryie"? [;)] Or would it just give me the blues? Not blues in a bad way, but in a Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker kinda way. Ahh.........nevermind [:)]

Jeremy

It's also a state of mind one reached when listening to the combo already mentioned:

Peach/VRD makes everything just "peachie"

I hope to reach that state of mind, but with a Blueberry/VRD combo. Would that make everything just "blueberryie"? [;)] Or would it just give me the blues? Not blues in a bad way, but in a Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker kinda way. Ahh.........nevermind [:)]

Jeremy

According to the Seventh Doctor, there are no other colors without the blues.