Getting a PrimaLuna Prologue 2

I have been looking for a new amp/pre-amp or integrated for my 2-channel setup, and I really like the PrimaLuna. I know many people find AutoBiasing undesireable, but for the money (especially from one of my fellow dealers) I found it to be a nice piece. I am getting mine today, and will hook it up and let people know what I think. I wish I still had a pair of RF-83's, but I sold my demo because the guy didn't want to wait, then I sold the next pair I had coming in as well. I do have RF-82's and RB-81's so I will try it out with them, then I might also set it up with one pair of my La Scala's just to see how much I like it :)

Anyone have any PrimaLuna stories to share?

Thanks,

Kelsyn

I read most of the reviews, and heard the Prologue Two on several speakers (just nothing as efficient or dynamic as Klipsch) I thought I would have it today, but it didn't happen, so maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I will post my impressions after I get it all hooked up.

edwin,

I had been looking at those for a while, and thought they were designed in Europe or Scandanavia. I had thought they were built in the Czech Republic, but they are, as you say, built in China.

While searching, I had a look at the new Rogue Audio Titan series amps. Built in the U.S. Their EL34 amp is $1395, and they rate it at 55wpc. They don't show the inside, but it looks like it is probably built on a PCB, which doesn't really bother me.

Rogue Audio Titan

Of course another option in the Chinese built amplifers would be the Consonance M100SE. While I haven't heard this or the PrimaLuna model, just based on pricing and reviews the Consonance would be a more cost effective option for those that are short of $$$. The PrimaLuna is probably the preferred choice if money isn't an issue.

See link for review: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/opera_m100plus.htm

Got it and set it up yesterday. I turned it on, watched the glow, and started some music at low volume. After 4 hours I turned it off and went to listen to some vinyl on a friends setup. I came back a few hours later and sat down for a little late night listening. The thing that impressed me the most is how well the music comes across at low volume. I love that rich midrange and noticeable bass when played at levels low enough to not wake up the house. Tonight when I get home from work I am going to crank it up, but for now I can say I am very happy with the Prolouge Two [:D]

It is a nice amp for the $ I had one here but very little about it was designed in Sweden. The amplifier is a Cayin product much like the Cayin TA-30 with the Auto-Bias added (Sweden) and the name changed for Upscale Audio.

Craig

Actually to the person with little time or if they just hate biasing the Auto-Bias on that amp is a big plus. It doesn't do the wonders they advertise it to do but it does a reasonable job of balancing reasonably close tube sets. Stick wildy mismatched in there and the amp has fits (I tried it). So buy matched quads for it. I prefer fix adjustble myself but this setup isn't bad.

Craig