I went to see my audio guru

TommyK

I went to see my audio guru. When I arrived he turned down his Ipod and pulled out his ear buds. As always, he was smiling. I told him I wanted to take the next step.

He asked me if I have tried SETs. I nodded, "yes Master, 300B, 2A3 and 45s. I will always have a soft spot for them. But I have tired of them and need to go further". He nodded, and thought for a moment. Have you been to the estate sales near Binghamton and come home with a blue metered wonder? "Yes" I replied. "I found the 2505 from the old lady right where you said she would be. And you were right, her neighbor had the MC30s." I thought I had found the One with the MC30s, but as you see, I am here again."

And the Scott 304B? Yes master. A thing of beauty. And Saul's 1060? Yes Master, and 2275 and the 8b - a moment of silence ensued. Though the 19s were tougher and I had to give them back to the librarian. I would have liked to keep the 19s, but it was not to be. He wanted my signed copy of Mr. Rosenberg's Tube Audio Guide in trade - I struck the librarian with my fist for his insolence.

My guru, nodded, and told me I must forget what I had learned, and look where most are even embarrassed to be seen. And he whispered "an engineering feat was managed that they said could not be done, and to boot, your wife will really dig the norsk minimalist wood design." At this point, he wrote down Spatial Control Receiver on a napkin and told me to leave.

So now I am here. And he was tight.

I want to be the first to say "Ah Grasshopper".

I completly concur with your guru. Most here are looking in all the wrong places for sterophonic enlightenment.

One most go in the opposite direction of the common wisdom and there you will find peace and good sound.

Your journey is almost complete but you must soon you must set aside the Bose and search out and obtain the grail-of-grails:

Realistic!

the master wrote:

One most go in the opposite direction of the common wisdom and there you will find peace and good sound.

I found mine with the Scala bass bins/Altec 511B's w/902 drivers and the incredible dedicated BagEnd sub system.Signals divided before the amps...a bit unconventional for most but it does get the job done!

Greg