LaScalas outside & ES networks, what settings?

Coytee

If you put a pair of LaScalas outside for a party, would you change any of the settings on Als' ES netrworks to boost or attenuate the upper end at all?

I know I need to try it to see what I think but, I thought I'd ask for thoughts.

Seems to me, the bass will sound better out in an open field ?? and if that is right, then I might want to boost the upper end a notch or two? Or am i backwards?

We're having a 4th of July party here (neighborhood party) and I was informed I'm supplying the horsepower for the music.

Just got Al's ES networks in today (Thanks Al & Shawn)

I often use lascala's for out door parties. My experience has been that for large audiences, LaScala's project sound the best if they are elevated over the audience. Doing so always requires a subwoofer be added. If we are talking a small gathering, and folks are not clustered in front of your mains, you won't have to elevate them. Sub woofer depends on the type of music you listen to....keep in mind, lascala's will tipcally sound more robust on the low end when placed in a corner....I assume there will be no corners at your party....but perhaps you can place them with a wall behind them, rather than sitting them at the end of the yard in an open field.

I bi-amp and double stack em. That takes care of everything! Horns are 4-6 feet from the floor, doubling woofers give more gain, and you can tweak the crossover to adjust the balance between bass bin and mid/hi cabinet.

Alternately, if you have single LSBR's you could still biamp by pulling the woofer lead from the crossover and sending signal directly from lo amp to them.

M

If you put a pair of LaScalas outside for a party, would you change any of the settings on Als' ES netrworks to boost or attenuate the upper end at all?

I know I need to try it to see what I think but, I thought I'd ask for thoughts.

Seems to me, the bass will sound better out in an open field ?? and if that is right, then I might want to boost the upper end a notch or two? Or am i backwards?

We're having a 4th of July party here (neighborhood party) and I was informed I'm supplying the horsepower for the music.

Just got Al's ES networks in today (Thanks Al & Shawn)

Interesting thread.I have never heard Scala's outside without walls renforcing the bass so I would asume there to be less bass output but probably better quality.If no sub is to be used they my guess would be attenuate the mids and high just a tad.

my 2 cents.

Greg

As an ambassador to the Klipsh sound at this party dont forget to STAND on it once and awhile,got to show them what Scala's can do!!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Reed and I were listening to LaScalas outside last month and I was amazed, again, at the fabulous sound.

If the LaScalas are sitting on a concrete floor, they will have some bass gain, which sounds very good outside. Inside, depending on the room, I will sometimes attenuate the squawker by 3db, which I don't find to be necessary at all outside.

Yeh, hook em up and crank them.