New RW subs

TheWOOFER

Just saw the RW10 and 12,identical to the first RW series save for the blue display on top and controls. I see these are made in China,the RW12 had a scratch out of the box on the display pod!

I was hoping RT series but they say July,I'll wait. I have a nice warm spor for the RT10 and 12 in the left fron corner now. [:D]

I hope the RT series are made in the USA.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon America will be made in China at this rate,anyone who is not bothered by all this Made in NOT IN AMERICA stickers is taking too much anti depression medication.

I saw the quality scratches on the subs too,so this should bother the potential buyer.Quality control is obvious...in the pits.

Also I sawand tested a few quite expensive Chinese speakers,looked gorgeous and performed sub par when compared to direct competition from european countries or american(US/Canada)speakers.

Plus these cost almost as much as products made here,I am not talking overpriced products made here but priced down to Earth.

Compared the JAS Audio Oscar speakers to the Dynaudio Contour S 3.4's,it was a mismatch,the JAS sounded muffled and lacking transparency.So when someone tells me they make it better and cheaper I say Bull S....t.These clowns say so because they have their pathetic business there and they pocket good money from junk sold here at almost the price of local goods.

gotta love snob idiocy...

Snob idiocy! Do you even have a clue?

These products made in China will be sold for the SAME amount as the previous products they replace.Not cheaper to YOU the cutomer.

The quality of these products is lesser,since the quality control is lacking(from the obious)scratches on the top control pod.In the case of the brand new(out of the carton)Klipsch sub I inspected.

I sold and assembled/configured more computers/servers you may ever see in your entire life.And the quality control of too many companies operating in China is very MISSING. Taiwan and above all Japan has a near flawless record.Products that are to be sold for a higher amount of money must have strict quality control. You call this snob idiocy! Find arguments not insults,Mr the self proclaimed DOCTOR.

Just because something is made in China does not require that it is of

any lesser quality. And one instance of a cosmetic blemish is no

indication of a widespread issue, nor is your so-called experience with

the computer industry. My comment stemmed from the fact that you

instantly blaim China and don't even stop to consider the huge number

of other issues it could have been - all of which would have been much

more likely and had nothing to do with China. I can't imagine anybody but a narrow-minded wannabe upperclass rich snob writing the way you do - sorry for making an observation. If I am mistaken then I am sorry.

And there is nothing wrong with a company making more money on a

product. Surely you would want your employer to pay you more money for

the work you do. The people overseas get paid very ransomly relative to

their local economies AND the people back here in America get to make

more money too. What? Would you prefer they charge more for the exact

same product and pay lazy crappy union labor to have it built here?

Give me a break.

As far as "DrWho" is concerned - it is a great old british sci-fi and a nickname I picked up from friends in the UK. Nice one.

What? Would you prefer they charge more for the exact

same product and pay lazy crappy union labor to have it built here?

Give me a break.

Ummm I would not like to see people shopping at Wal-mart be also forced to work their to cause their production plant went out of business due to foreign manufacturing? Call me old fashion but I rather pay an American more for the same job than out of country. Solely a nationalistic point of view. I mean hey its great for the upper tier as they increase their profits but for the common people which I find is the base of the economy and such, it is not. GM and Ford next are going to declare bankruptcy and the American Airlines already filed for chapter 11 and the trains here are heavily government subsidized...... Slowly the American dollar is also chipping away as our loans are being brought by foreign (mostly Chinese investors) markets. But hey I would like to have a nice job when I leave college and hopefully its not taken away by some foreign worker that is 3000 miles away but they built a brand new factory over there while Japanese and Korean Automakers are building factories here.

I, as a business owner, would rather have my production facilities, labor and customer service located abroad. Cheaper in every aspect. I'm not in business to lose money. And I'm not in business to make other people happy. Just my customers.

Call me a Scrooge, but Americans are too worried about political correctness, excessive civil rights and labor unions, all of which cut my bottom line. Screw that.

I, as a business owner, would rather have my production facilities, labor and customer service located abroad. Cheaper in every aspect. I'm not in business to lose money. And I'm not in business to make other people happy. Just my customers.

Call me a Scrooge, but Americans are too worried about political correctness, excessive civil rights and labor unions, all of which cut my bottom line. Screw that.

And it is because people like you that YOUR mighty US of an A economy is sinking down faster than the TITANIC. Face the facts,look at the numbers..IMPORT VS EXPORT,you are a giant hulk on foam legs.Waiting to collapse because of the ME ME ME mentality of a midget and only ME greed.

Look at Japan,they think collectivly,and are a strong nation. Same with Germany,collective thinking first.Smart profit and not fastest blind profit.

Its ME ME ME and ME and MY profits regardless of what impact they will have on fellow country men and women.Good to see your limited view.Texas huh,all things in Texas are bigger...heah they are and fat people are so fat they die of obesity...A DISGRACE.

Just because something is made in China does not require that it is of any lesser quality. And one instance of a cosmetic blemish is no indication of a widespread issue, nor is your so-called experience with the computer industry. My comment stemmed from the fact that you instantly blaim China and don't even stop to consider the huge number of other issues it could have been - all of which would have been much more likely and had nothing to do with China. I can't imagine anybody but a narrow-minded wannabe upperclass rich snob writing the way you do - sorry for making an observation. If I am mistaken then I am sorry.

And there is nothing wrong with a company making more money on a product. Surely you would want your employer to pay you more money for the work you do. The people overseas get paid very ransomly relative to their local economies AND the people back here in America get to make more money too. What? Would you prefer they charge more for the exact same product and pay lazy crappy union labor to have it built here? Give me a break.

As far as "DrWho" is concerned - it is a great old british sci-fi and a nickname I picked up from friends in the UK. Nice one.

Good the DOCTOR has answered the call.

There is NOTHING wrong with making the most money you can make,as long as your decisions do not lead your own country to economic ruin. Capitalism is the greatest thing in existance as long as it does not mutate to the cancer known as SAVAGE CAPITALISM.

Yes unions are legalised BURGLARS of our nations(USA and Canada),and I would ABOLISH the greedy union MAFIA. They kill jobs pretending to be at the service of the workers.Their demands are unrealistic and their leaders blind and deaf.Agreed 100%

I see you people act like nothing wrong is going on,you amuse me wildly.face the facts your country is losing jobs that may not come back so to speak for a LOOOONG time.And no do not dream all these people will find other jobs that will provide as well as those who they lost.

EDITED AWAY,too abrassive.

In closing I will tell you this,I will NEVER pay for a product made in a country where cheap slave like labour is used and pay close to the prices asked for a similar products manufactured here(US,Canada).NEVER

In closing I will tell you this,I will NEVER pay for a product made in a country where cheap slave like labour is used and pay close to the prices asked for a similar products manufactured here(US,Canada).NEVER

You complain about the "ME" concept plenty, but what you don't realize is that the people in these other countries wouldn't have jobs otherwise and they are getting paid extremely well...it's not even close to slave labor (and don't give me crap about singularity instances where bad people are taking advantage of the situation). The way I see it, the globalization of american companies is only helping out the little guys across the world.

I am very much against Nationalism and all for a global society. Who cares if America falls - the world will probably become a better place.

I am very much against Nationalism and all for a global society. Who cares if America falls - the world will probably become a better place.

WOW,I thought DR Who was an alright guy.Who cares if America falls? I Do,my family has shed a-lot of blood for this country and YOUR right to b!tch about it.Funny how a subwoofer discussion can bring out the radical thoughts of some people.

Hey WOOFER, be careful you could hurt yourself if you were to fall from that soap-box..

You are old enough but not mature enough.Some truth irritated you too I see,well good you came forth. Speak your mind now.

WOW,I thought DR Who was an alright guy.Who cares if America falls? I Do,my family has shed a-lot of blood for this country and YOUR right to b!tch about it.Funny how a subwoofer discussion can bring out the radical thoughts of some people.

Exposed wide open,now we see who is WHO. Take my country,invade it and I will just watch and accept it.Close most of the factories here and send them overseas,and sell me the pduct manufactured for less at the SAME PRICE! Yes I am happy to pay the same for a product that costs less.

Well not me and I do not give a F what badge adorns it.

And it is because people like you that YOUR mighty US of an A economy is sinking down faster than the TITANIC. Face the facts,look at the numbers..IMPORT VS EXPORT,you are a giant hulk on foam legs.Waiting to collapse because of the ME ME ME mentality of a midget and only ME greed.

Look at Japan,they think collectivly,and are a strong nation. Same with Germany,collective thinking first.Smart profit and not fastest blind profit.

Its ME ME ME and ME and MY profits regardless of what impact they will have on fellow country men and women.Good to see your limited view.Texas huh,all things in Texas are bigger...heah they are and fat people are so fat they die of obesity...A DISGRACE.

Most economic figures show the US Economy to be strong. Remember manufacturing employment only accounts for about 14% of our total workforce. So the Made in the USA ranting doesn't make a lot of difference to the other 86% of the popluation if it means they're DVD players are going to cost more. If you work in a manufacturing plant, you might feel like the US Economy is sinking, but it is actually very strong on the whole.

Japan? Good lord they practically live in China. They make everything they can in China. Germany? Ok, if you're happy with double digit unemployment for the last 5 years, then Germany is a great place to be.

In

closing I will tell you this,I will NEVER pay for a product made in a

country where cheap slave like labour is used and pay close to the

prices asked for a similar products manufactured

here(US,Canada).NEVER

I am very much against

Nationalism and all for a global society. Who cares if America falls -

the world will probably become a better place.

WOW,I thought DR Who was an alright guy.Who cares if America falls?

I Do,my family has shed a-lot of blood for this country and YOUR right

to b!tch about it.Funny how a subwoofer discussion can bring out the

radical thoughts of some people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the revolutionary war the last time America was directly fighting for it's independance? Sure, there were other wars we got involved in, but none of which were our basic human rights directly being endangered. I too have lost a lot of friends and relatives to war so don't give me that line.

My comment, in context, is merely one of "get rid of this stupid

prideful nationalist ideology" - and I would prefer nobody put words in

my mouth along the lines of giving america away to other countries. We

are all humans and there is nothing about America or the people living

here that make us better or worse than anyone else in the world (same

can be said for any country). Everyone is so concerned about crapping

on the little guy in America, but don't give a crap about all the other

'little guys' in the world.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the value of a product should be based

on performance and quality - not how much it cost the manufacturer to

build it. If the manufacturer can make more money, then great. That

means more money for better products in the future.

For anyone against sending jobs overseas I would highly recommend

actually giving some of these countries a visit - and not spending the

night in a hotel, but in the homes of the people living there. I've not

been to China, but I've been to Romania many times - think of the

thousands of people that would starve to death had there not been jobs

from the west moving in...we don't have starvation problems here in

america - nope, we've got obesity like no other and are constantly

throwing food away. We're definetly helping out all of mankind...

Most economic figures show the US Economy to be strong. Remember manufacturing employment only accounts for about 14% of our total workforce. So the Made in the USA ranting doesn't make a lot of difference to the other 86% of the popluation if it means they're DVD players are going to cost more. If you work in a manufacturing plant, you might feel like the US Economy is sinking, but it is actually very strong on the whole.

Japan? Good lord they practically live in China. They make everything they can in China. Germany? Ok, if you're happy with double digit unemployment for the last 5 years, then Germany is a great place to be.

Japan makes everything in China or Thailand for the fact that just like America, the labor has become to expensive to make products their to meet their stockholders. Remember after WWII Japan was where cheap labor was, then it moved to Korea, then and now China, as each nation prospered it to became to expensive. The problem is when does it stop? When there are no more realiable sources of cheap labor, then what do you do? Goto war.

And to DrWho's comment, "

For anyone against sending jobs overseas I would highly recommend

actually giving some of these countries a visit - and not spending the

night in a hotel, but in the homes of the people living there. I've not

been to China, but I've been to Romania many times - think of the

thousands of people that would starve to death had there not been jobs

from the west moving in...we don't have starvation problems here in

america - nope, we've got obesity like no other and are constantly

throwing food away. We're definetly helping out all of mankind..."

America if we wanted to could feed the world over and have no child ever left hungry at night. But there are major problems. One problems is the fact that if we were to feed the world over 90% of America would have to be farmland or farm based. Two then food would cost nothing which even though sounds good, means that you can get probably 50 pounds of meat at a penny, that means the farmer would have very little profit meaning very little incentive to work (wholy capitalistic ideal). Because in capitalism we strive to maximize our profits by cheapening our products. If the competition sells it cheaper we will underscore them. This will make a bidding war and reduce prices even further as the American people are now taught from childhood to know when something is cheaper and the same quality it is a "value" hence all the warehouse prices and so if you buy 50lb of it. That is why our government gives subsidies to farmers to not grow to their potential and actually tells them to plant nothing this year, to stabilize the food markets. It sounds more like a communistic idea but if evey farmer grew to their potential the spoils would be too much. Then we go into the idea of "great we have all this food to feed the world" but how do we get it to the people. Unfortunately most of the food that we send out would have spoiled by the time it arrives. There are more complications but there are many reasons why america cannot feed every child. I do understand your point DrWho that we throw away too much food at around 11-15% of all the food brought in America, enough to feed Canada, but its much more complex then lets just go and feed the world. I have not even touched on the politics yet...