Anyone Use Onkyo Receivers with Klipsch?

belial

Guess the Subject line says it all.

I'm thinking in particular of Onkyo TX-DS595. Anyone have any experience with this? It is relatively affordable and has gotten rave reviews from what I can see.

What do you think? Yes, I know I should just listen to it myself, but I don't have that option where I live, so I want to know YOUR opinion ...

belia,

I don't have your Onkyo model, but I do have the Onkyo TX-DS484. It's being used with the Quintet Micro Speaker System in my bedroom. I'm very pleased with this model, it was very easy to setup, clean sound and works wonderfully with the Quintets. The 55 watts don't seem like much, but its high current and clean power, which provides clean clear sound. Its bass is a bit weak, but my Infinity Micro Sub takes up the slack. The unit is well built a very good performer and serves me well as a bedroom music and HT receiver. There are others on this board that have cited good results from Onkyo products as well. Perhaps they'll chime in as well.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

hey belial

i have the onkyo txds575 and the klipsch sf-2fronts sc-1center and the ss-1 in the rear with a velodyne 1250 sub.it all sounds good but i would like a little more wattage. it is rated at 70wpc x5.i think a 100wpc x5 would be perfect.

Tried the 676,777 and had the Integra DTR9.1(Onkyo 989).The 676 and 777(,ore power and THX certified)both sounded good with Klipsch Synergy speakers.

The Onkyos will works great with almost any easy to drive quality speakers.

Used the Onkyos to power Mission speakers and also got great results.

Onkyo makes good quality recievers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Onkyo is ok, I almost went with the Integra DTR7.1 after switching up from the 787, decided on the Marantz SR18EX. I run Khorns, LaScala's, NOW Hersey II's(as of Friday)Smile.gif and dual KLFC7's (seperate mono block amps for the Khorns and rcC7, Marantz MA700's).

Onkyo is good with Klipsch.

MO

Belial- I have an Onkyo TX-8511 Stereo receiver hooked up to Quintets. I get crisp, clear sound. I purchased the Onkyo for there simple, no frills operation. The unit I have, as all Onkyo have, uses a larger motor.

I have my receiver hooked up to my computer, and I play internet jazz thru it with wonderful results. Clean music, commercial free. Hope this helps.

------------------

Bill

Just a little off topic ; should i buy a Onkyo TXDS595 or the Denon AVR1802? They look so much alike... I have a preference for Denon because i heard that the new Onkyo have a lack of supply power... I don't know if it's true but i heard no such things for the Denon. I will drive Energy (xl-26...) or Klipsch (sf-2...) speakers with it. Does the Onkyo have a clear or mellow sound? Is it the same quality than the Denon?

------------------

Engage...

Hi, just stumbled across this thread...

I've been very happy with my Onkyo Integra DTR-7 receiver paired up with Klipsch THX Home Cinema Speakers (KT-LCR's) first, and more recently with my set of Klipsch La Scala's.

I think you will be very happy with the Onkyo receiver. With the klipsch speaker efficiency I don't think you need to worry about the power as much as with other speaker brands.

Lyle.

------------------

Gear: Klipsch THX home cinema: KT-LCR, KT-DS, KT-SW15

Onkyo Integra THX select receiver

Panasonic A120 DVD.

i have two ONKYO receivers, one that was really cheap for an old Optimus HT system... don't laugh, it was my first and i was in Junior High...

the other is with our Quintet system, don't know any of the info on it, it is still packed along with half our house... my mom is in this mode where if we need it, just buy it, much easier to buy it again than unpack... someone, please find the logic in that

anyways, i have had great success with both ONKYO receivers.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

belial-

I have a TX-DS595 mated with quintets and a KSW-12. While it won't match the sound of a multi-thousand $ system, it works great for watching DVDs, sports, or whatever. The sound is crisp and clear. Music leaves a little to be desired with the quintets, but I've heard the 595 matched with better speakers (Klipsch Reference series) and the music sounded fantastic. There's bass to spare, too. I think you'll be very happy with the Onkyo.