Finally got my K-400 horns

Just got back from Pittsburgh with a beautiful pair of K-55-V drivers coupled to a pristine looking pair of K-400 horns. Have been after these devils for about six months, ebay hasn't treated me all that well until this past weekend. Snagged these babies for $225, he knocked thirty dollars off since I drove an hour and a half to pick them up.

Curiousity got the best of me. I burst through the doors, threw the keys somewhere, ran down stairs to swap out the horns on my homemade Belle(s). WOW what a difference that attractive horn makes. Have tried two different drivers in them so far and they both sound excellent.

Now for the next DIY project....... The Khorn. I'll keep you posted. :)

Just got back from Pittsburgh with a beautiful pair of K-55-V drivers coupled to a pristine looking pair of K-400 horns. Have been after these devils for about six months, ebay hasn't treated me all that well until this past weekend. Snagged these babies for $225, he knocked thirty dollars off since I drove an hour and a half to pick them up.

Curiousity got the best of me. I burst through the doors, threw the keys somewhere, ran down stairs to swap out the horns on my homemade Belle(s). WOW what a difference that attractive horn makes. Have tried two different drivers in them so far and they both sound excellent.

You are welcome.

I saw them but did not bid on them because I really did not need them and did not want to drive up the price.

Alot of folks were mis-lead by the listing, and thought they were only bidding on drivers.

You are welcome.

I saw them but did not bid on them because I really did not need them and did not want to drive up the price.

Alot of folks were mis-lead by the listing, and thought they were only bidding on drivers.

Hey Fritz,

Thanks for not driving the price up, will be able to buy some diapers for the little guy when he gets home. lol.. The guy that had them is a professional painter and did a very nice job of spraying them. They look marvelous.

Anyhow off to the basement, Paul McCartney is calling for me right this minute[;)]

I was going to put a post on the forum to let folks know about the horn and drivers, but since I hate it when folks do that on items I am bidding on and sure to win, i decided not to.

so this is the start of a k-horn project?

send me a pm if you pursue any parts on ebay, I have been buying up quite a bit of parts for future projects.

No point in driving up the cost.

hot tip....the drivers you have have the push terminal connections. be on the look out for the solder terminal type. the solder terminal type has some improvements. you can probally sell the drivers you have to cover the cost of the improved version.

Fritz,

Thanks for that piece of info. Didn't know there was a difference. I just took it for granted that there would only be a difference when it came time to change the diaphragm.

The guy even threw in a toasted k-77 and a working ev 1828 driver with a horn ;) He turned out the be a big JBL fanatic and I think that was to my benefit. Him not knowing anything about the Klipsch name really blew me away.

I am thinking of trying to grab a set of k-77-m tweeters and buying the woofers and crossovers from BEC. Might even pick up a set of his tweeters. Unsure at this time, since the rest of the gathering process for this project has come to a halt. Atleast for a couple of months or until I rent my house.

My ebay user ID is 69znut, so if you see that and anticipate buying an item and see my I.D. drop me a line and we'll figure something out.[6]

Fritz,

Thanks for that piece of info. Didn't know there was a difference. I just took it for granted that there would only be a difference when it came time to change the diaphragm.

The guy even threw in a toasted k-77 and a working ev 1828 driver with a horn ;) He turned out the be a big JBL fanatic and I think that was to my benefit. Him not knowing anything about the Klipsch name really blew me away.

I am thinking of trying to grab a set of k-77-m tweeters and buying the woofers and crossovers from BEC. Might even pick up a set of his tweeters. Unsure at this time, since the rest of the gathering process for this project has come to a halt. Atleast for a couple of months or until I rent my house.

My ebay user ID is 69znut, so if you see that and anticipate buying an item and see my I.D. drop me a line and we'll figure something out.[6]

I ve seen that id often.

I'm a bit in the dark here...

Do you need the horns or the drivers (or both?)?

I interpret that you need the horns and the drivers kinda came with the package?

Reason I ask is I'm after a single K-55.

I don't have my cabinet in yet (buying empty LaScala cabinet) so the need isn't pressing for me. I thought I'd just try to clarify what you needed verses what you received.

Fritz,

"I see" said the blind man to the deaf dog.

I've seen yours quite a bit myself. I have to settle for the stuff that you overlook[:D]. It seems your pockets are a little deeper than mine[:P] Anyhow, I'll keep that in mind and if I see something your bidding on.

By the way have any plans for those type AA crossovers??

Sam

Fritz,

"I see" said the blind man to the deaf dog.

I've seen yours quite a bit myself.  I have to settle for the stuff that you overlook[:D].  It seems your pockets are a little deeper than mine[:P]  Anyhow, I'll keep that in mind and if I see something your bidding on.

By the way have any plans for those type AA crossovers??

Sam

I was distracted from klipsch parts collecting due to buying a car form my son on e-bay (just kidding, I have most of what I need).

AA networks, no, just bought them to stock pile.

if you need them, i'll check how much I have in them and let you know.

Coytee,

Sorry I need both the drivers and horns, have some other drivers but I don't believe they'll dip down to that 400Hz crossover point.

Fritz,

Had anticipated buying a set of BEC crossovers, but if you don't have any plans for them let me know.

Sam

you are welcome to mine, but as you are aware, they are used, and may have to be re-capped. you would probally wind up sending to bob to recap them. bob has a good product for traditional xovers.

I personally would hold off and buy the universal xover form AL, or Dean if he has something simular. In the long run you would be happier with the results.

I did not pay much for the AA's, shipping was n't bad. so if just want them to have klipsc originals, let me know an I'll work out the particulars. But consider my recomendation. It will save you a long series of tweaks.