We Should Take Fred Klipsch to Dinner.

We're all very thankful to Fred Klipsch and Klipsch Inc. for the recent events and sponsoring the forum.

Let me suggest that the next time there is an event, perhaps in Indy, we chip in to make him and the staff our guests at a formal dinner or a cook-out.

Now, this could be just picking up the tab at a restaurant.

If it is a cookout someplace, maybe we could cook for Fred and the very many good people who have made the past events possible. We'd be cooking for each other but the brass would be the guests of honor.

Gil

That's a great idea, Gil. If Fred is willing to drive 4-1/2 hours, he's welcome to come to my Klipsch BBQ in August on the 26th. Hey, I'll cook for him and any other staff member who wants to come. Trey is fairly certain he'll be here. All "Klipschters" willing to drive are welcome. If that doesn't work for Fred, maybe we can chip in like you mentioned if we're all in Indy next year. I'm all for it. -Glenn

post-10177-13819302131342_thumb.jpg

IMHO, because of this forum Mr. Klipsch should take some of you out to dinner. [;)] I know if it wasn't for this vehicle I wouldn't be involved with Klipsch products as much. [H]

You make a great point, but actually, he already has, in a sense: Last year the company bought us a continental breakfast and a lunch at their Engineering Facility and dinner at the Jazz Kitchen. I believe you were there. This year, the company provided our lunch at the Hope plant and bought us a BBQ dinner at the farmhouse.

Not to be a smartarse, but doesn't any of that count? [;)]

IMHO, because of this forum Mr. Klipsch should take some of you out to dinner. [;)] I know if it wasn't for this vehicle I wouldn't be involved with Klipsch products as much. [H]

You make a great point, but actually, he already has, in a sense: Last year the company bought us a continental breakfast and a lunch at their Engineering Facility and dinner at the Jazz Kitchen. I believe you were there. This year, the company provided our lunch at the Hope plant and bought us a BBQ dinner at the farmhouse.

Not to be a smartarse, but doesn't any of that count? [;)]

Yes I remember and appreciate that. I also remember he accidentally stuck his head in last year and I thought that moment quite amusing. As you pointed out our dinning was a business expense and I am grateful for the meals. I really didn't mean to discount anyone's wishes to take Mr. Klipsch out to dinner by my comments.

When It comes to the recent Pilgrimage I think we all owe Trey Cannon several nice dinners--He did a phenomenal job! [Y]

Insofar as this forum is concerned I congratulate Amy for making this a productive community for it's members, but I definitely don't feel the need to take anyone out to dinner in Klipsch upper management for OUR involvement. [:)] My 2 cents.

Gil,

That is a timely and well said "Thank You" to Fred Klipsch.

Klipsch has been very kind in hosting the events in Indy and Hope and the forum as well. When I was touring the factory in Hope and seeing all those HF-83s in assembly, I was thinking, "Way to go Fred!" Seeing the 60th anniversary Khorns in person was also a fairly awe inspiring experience.

IMO, Klipsch has demonstrated impressive smarts to be a leader in the HT market with the Reference and other popular lines and to keep all these balls in the air AND keep the Heritage line going and with new offerings.... well, impressive by any standards.

Not mentioned above, but not to be underappreciated is the Klipsch presence in the cinema.

Any way the forum could show appreciation for Fred and company is appropriate for a job well done.

I second tkd's post. I first discovered this forum bitching about my pm4.1's. I was so upset. then, i started reading the 2 channel forum. ill be damned if i didnt run out and by a brand new pair of h3's.

thanks klipsch

So Clarence do you like your H3's now?

Taking Fred out is a good idea, but I have bought 2 new pairs of speakers from his company, isn't that thanks enough? It's the best compliment I can pay the company.........Amy is the one who should get a dinner for all the BS she puts up with on this forum............

oldbuckster,

I think you are right. Amy puts up with enough BS on this forum, she just might be open to the idea of letting the forum riff raff treat her and Steven to dinner.

Steven would probably delighted with a Happy Meal. Amy, we will do better for you.

Wish I knew, oldbuckster. I have a ksw12 sub coming, but I have had some unfortunate events happen recently where I have not been able to enjoy them in the past few months. In fact, they are in a completely different state than I am. I will be spending some time away trying to sort everything out, but hope to have access to keep up with you all.

right now its not the product that is keeping me coming back, but the people.

C

oldbuckster,

I think you are right. Amy puts up with enough BS on this forum, she just might be open to the idea of letting the forum riff raff treat her and Steven to dinner.

Steven would probably delighted with a Happy Meal. Amy, we will do better for you.

Well, we'd better do this soon. It won't be too long before Steven won't be satisified with anything other than a LARGE Chicken Tenders®...

oldbuckster,

Well, we'd better do this soon. It won't be too long before Steven won't be satisified with anything other than a LARGE Chicken Tenders®...

[;)]

• Moderators

oldbuckster,

[:D]

I finally got around to this thread...you guys are too funny!

And oh yes, Steven is all about the chicken tenders! He'll be two in about a month and a half, I'll have to get a new pic up for you guys. He's a giant among toddlers!

I'm flattered by the offer for dinner. Even if it never happens, it's a lovely gesture. You can always send me a coupon! [:)][:)]