OT: Attn. Formula 1 fans/NASCAR bashers

Tom Adams

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F1 commentator's only touched on the subject, and it was very brief. Autoweek has the best and most informative article on the matter (so far, because my issue of F1 Mag. hasn't come in yet). Ganassi - Montoya love relation is born again.....shows what a poor fan of JPM, I had completely forgotten that he raced in CART for him. Ganassi will pay him $5million, and Montoya pretty much walked off cold, ONE THE SPOT. McClaren boss Ron Dennis is pissed, but let loose, and now Pedro De LaRosa fills in the vacant F1 seat.

$5mil accepted over $12mil, man, I guess when your talking that much income, it doesn't really matter. win-win situation. You get to do what you love, and get rich doing it. I had no idea NASCAR would pay a newbey/rookie so much. Anyone know what some of the other nascar drivers earn, salary only, not including endorsments, etc...just raw salary. I know Gordon or Earnhart are not the norm. Montoya's $12mil F1 salary was considered just on the high side, but not by much. So better than average, geeez.

• Klipsch Employees

Oh boy another dork driving in pointless boring circles to amuse the toothless Copenhagen chewing, Buttwiper swilling, nose picking, *** crack showing, hillbillies and hicks, and hayseeds in the stands. Rah, Rah.

Thank god for NFL football!

HEY! I resemble that remark....

I like going stright at 300mph very quick...

Oh boy another dork driving in pointless boring circles to amuse the toothless Copenhagen chewing, Buttwiper swilling, nose picking, *** crack showing, hillbillies and hicks, and hayseeds in the stands. Rah, Rah.

Thank god for NFL football!

HEY! I resemble that remark....

I like going stright at 300mph very quick...

Trey ,

I think your straying off topic a little bit .

But I agree , as far as seeing a motorsport event in person , nothing beats drag racing !

post-18289-138193046582_thumb.jpg

NHRA is great, how about Modified Tractor Pulls, not to shabby....................say what you want about NASCAR, those ol' boys can build some engines, and run them on 1 four barrel carb...............Don't forget..........next season Toyota becomes part of the Nextel Cup..............that will spark a few aurguements, eh!..............

A few comments.

First, to those of you that seem to enjoy making yourself feel superior by making condescending remarks characterizing those who watch and enjoy NASCAR KISS MY F*CKING ***!!

I normally dont get into flaming anyone, but frzn and jheis you deserve it. I completely resent and am offended by your broad stroke labeling. For your information, I am a degreed engineer and die hard gear head for 40 of my 50 years on this earth. I am far above average intelligence and posses enough social skills to have been a member of several Board of Directors plus the President of a national motorcycle organization that interfaced with major motorcycle companies. I consider your comments a personal attack just as you would should someone come on this forum and pop-off that anyone that owns Klipsch speakers must have a tin ear. The truth is, some folks DO have a tin ear. But just because they own Klipsch speakers doesnt mean that ALL Klipsch owners do - which is EXACTLY what youre NASCAR comments have implied. Might I point out to you that comments such as yours just serve to show your ignorance??

I find it interesting that I have yet to read ANY comment on this forum where some die hard NASCAR fan has made such derogatory comments. But the same CANNOT be said about F1 fans. You guys see NASCAR and its like a red cape in front of a bull and off your mouth runs.

Personally, I dont give a fat rats *** whether you like NASCAR or F1 or World of Outlaws or Offshore Racing or whatever. What I do care about is being labeled just because you feel like you can hiding behind your keyboard.

And FWIW, I would love for one of you F1 fanatics that think theyve got it all figured out about how simple NASCAR racing is to just once strap your *** into a Nextel Cup car and try making it do what even a driver ranked 40th can make it do. Better yet, Id love to be a fly on the wall listening to you battling wits with the engine or chassis engineer at DEI racing. Obviously, those ignorant rednecks are just plain lucky that they can get a 3500 pound car with a 355 cubic inch pushrod motor running 103 octane fuel through a restrictor plate 700cfm carb to go damn near 200mph. Shyeah..right. Next thing youll tell all of us dumass NASCAR fans is that at any given F1 racetrack you can, for a small fee, get a pit pass that allows you to just walk right up to any F1 driver or talk to their crew or shake hands with car owners.

You folks just plain amaze me sometimes.

Tom

Yowser ....!!!

guess that struck a nerve, like in a bad tooth .......[:o]

Ok, Ok ....NASCAR ain't all That bad .....

throw in a crash, or two ......it's more than .... OK...........[:)]

I've always been an F1 fan myself as well.. ever since I was 7 or 8yrs old. One of the first races I saw was the death of Senna, I still remember that like yesterday. I love the technology involved in F1.. I love everything about it, the shape of the cars, the amazing sound, the strategy involved in winning a race for a particular driver, yadda yadda. Its still a dream of mine to see an F1 race in person. Although Nascar on tv doesn't interest me whatsoever, I wonder if I'll enjoy it in person. I think the tracks on the F1 circuit are far more interesting to watch, and require more skill. I agree that F1 can sometimes get very boring with only the top two or three teams going at it, and the gap between the front runners and those in the back is quite large. All said and done, I'll forever like F1

Hey ranjith,... A 1994 Williams-Renault was A. Senna's last ride. He was the best, him and Prost (the F1 Professor). Prost lost his lust for racing when Senna passed away. He actually left F1 because of it.

Here's a picture of Senna in his last drive at the SanMarino GP. No one that I have everseen has been smoother behind the wheel of an F1 car.

post-12381-13819304787048_thumb.jpg

That san marino gp was the third I've ever seen, I was quite the young kid but was fascinated by F1 way back then. I listened to the commentators talk about Prost and Senna all race long but it was only after Senna's death that I read about why he was regarded as being one of the best to ever ride behind an F1 car.... watching that crash on the san marino was so surreal.

I love F1 for the technology

I love NASCAR for the close racing

I love NHRA for the sheer brutality

I love School Bus Figure 8s for...

Hell, I love all motorsports.

Boats, swampbuggies, tractor pulls, lawnmowers, monster trucks, Baja, motorcycles,

Its all good to me.