Hey ILL guy looking for TTable

rplace

Gary, would this be good for me?

M

Michael,

If you want a newer, no fuss, no muss turntable that Music Hall is nice. I forget, you don't have a turntable now? You might not want to get one. I started with one, now I have about 25 or 30 of them. I'd hate to see how many you would end up with[:)]

Go for it Michael. I've heard Rich's and it sounds great. Can't do much better for the money and setup is a breeze.

Edit: Find out if it comes with the cart. Also, shipping is not a good thing when it comes to TTs so I assume this is within driving distance?

CP1, that MMF-5 is a great table for the money. I paid $450 for mine and it was worth every penny. Gary is right about set up being easy. However on this particular table he is off the mark just a bit about shipping. It comes with 6 screws that lock the two part plinth in place. As long as the guy has all the shipping boxes to take it apart and pack it up shipping should be no problem.

I could drive to about any place in ILL. If near Chicago I could possibly use the DrWho delivery service. I currently have my old HS. Technics SL1700 direct drive semi-auto. It works just fine in fact I have a backup for it.

But I guess according to all the talk here, I need something better to balance my system and the direct drive does have rumble that I can now hear with the Heritage speakers. Old Stanton 681EEE has probably seen better days also.

Michael

Thanks Doc, actually heard from the seller last night. He has one offer currently on stand by. The pickup/delivery was very enticing for him as he would hate to ship it. But the seller will be in Indy on the 22nd, so he might be able to bring it straight here. I'll be out, but perhaps I could trust Indy or Trey to make the exchange for me.

It looks beautiful from the photos he sent, and YES it does come with the cartridge mentioned above!

Say a prayer for me on this one guys!

Michael

CP1, sorry you missed out on it. I had no idea you were looking.

I think all the hype about this table is correct. You need to spend a grand or more to better it. Keep an eye out on agon. They are on there all the time between 400 and 500. You can adjust VTA and Azimuth pretty easy. The cartridge is more then adequate. The split plinth separates the motor from the arm so it is darn quiet. And seriously don't be afraid to ship this table it really is a road worthy table.

If I ever get my pennies saved up for a new Basis or find the right used one I will be looking to sell my MMF-5, but right now I have it dialed in and singing right along. By far the least expensive piece of gear I own, but I am really happy with it.