K400 horns - plastic or metal?

Santa,

I hope you can post some pics of your LS project.

I've listened to both, have the plastic/composite in my Khorns right now. The metal horns might have more of a collector's value, but that wouldn't amount to much. I can't tell a difference in sound. Conventional wisdom says that if you did have the metal horns, they'd need to be damped with Dynamat, anyway.

Daddy Dee,

I actually posted my build photo's on the forum. I just don't remeber the thread name! (duh!) I think it was under updates and mods\porting LS's.

Maybe someone on the forum can help you find it. If not I can see if I still have the photo's on my computer and email them direct to you.

I built a set of LS's a couple of months ago and them wound up buy a set from a local guy. I ported mine thought the top and like the way it sounds better than the original ones.

Santa

Rotor,

If you have altered the LaS bins, then you must not be timid about other possibilities.

You might consider "auto-rotating" into a different mid horn and driver. Many here have replaced the K400/K401/K55's with Altec/JBL horns and drivers. The K55 is a Hughs 500b. Altec/JBL is a Bell 214. Everything in between is a Lama or Alouette.

Red line the turbine and dump the collective, you will have fun.

Regards,

Terry

"Red line the turbine and dump the collective, you will have fun. "

Yellow line the turbine, pull the collective, lean the cyclic forward as you pull

"Red line the turbine and dump the collective, you will have fun. "

Yellow line the turbine, pull the collective, lean the cyclic forward as you pull

That must be quite the surround system. I can tell because it has more bells and whistles than my old two channel. I bet it is great for movies.

Speakerfritz,

Thanks for the quick response. I did a LS build and used the plastic ones.

Not that it sounds bad but, They just don't have PWK on them!

I ran across a set locally and was just debating on buying them to change out.

Santa

If the price is right, I'd have an interest in acquring a SINGLE one of them. Don't think I'd care if it was a K400 or K401. I will need one (as well as a K-55) for my beater LaScala cabinet.