K-43 Abuse

Duke Spinner

Here is spec's for k-43 from another thread, not sure where they got that power 400W rating from. Even if it could handle 400 watts, don't think it could handle +12 db eq boost at 50hz.

The k-48 may be a better canidate.

/////////quote////////

TSPs

Fs 36 Hz

Re 3.4 Ohms

Qts 0.314

Qms 5.314

Qes 0.333

Vas 198.474 L

Sd 0.089 m^2

Xmax 0.29 in

BL 15.94

It is a 400 Watt woofer with a Sensitivity of 98.5 @ 2.83V/1M. Freq response is 45 to 3,500 Hz and has a 3 in voice coil. Hope this helps.

///////end of quote///////

Frzninvt

Any idea how much SPL we can generate at 50hz before we cook the k-43? How close to +12 db

some water stick math assuming 98db @1 watt spl.

98 db 1 watt +- 0

101db 10 watts +3db

103db 100 watts +6db

104db 300 watts +7db

106db umm, just cooked it, need to get a k-48 driver

Mackie 1604z board..

JVC Karaoke Machine

Alesis Digital effects

DBX 2231 eq with compression

The main amps// 2 of them are Mackie amps.. Pre china.. (silent and clean..)

The crown amp is for the monitors..

This is my karaoke system. Yes, I use Klipsch speakers for that too. hahahahaha

Ya, the old mackies were real nice. Do they even still make them? I haven't run across one for like 8 years now (apart from Indy's rig, but that doesn't count) [;)]

Btw, Duke...think of any EQ boost as reducing the peak output of the system. So if the lascala can do 120dB and you add 12dB of EQ, then don't go above 108dB. You'll always be safe using this approach.

I wish it were true that stuff made in China was awful, but not all of it is. Some of the Chinese manufacturing facilities are equal to the best in the world. The cost savings, of course, comes with the labor.

We just got a new Allen & Heath console at school. Excellent build quality, along with the now too common 'Made in China' sticker on the back.

In another area, I know someone who had a photo book printed in europe. The cost was less than getting it done here in the U.S., and the quality was superb. I think the printing was done in Belgium. They were even able to fly over a QC guy to check the work as it cam off the press, still giving a lower cost to the project.

It's really the labot and politics of it that we probably really don't like.

Bruce