SETs vs old SS � Listening experiments

pauln

I asked you before and got no answer, what the hell is ROTFLMAO, what does that mean?

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=rotflmao&Find=find&string=exact

Thanks, Guys, I Really didn't know, I am not up on all this new talk and such, alot of times I see things like that, and I don't know what they mean..............Thanks again

Paul, missed your post on the previous page and I like everybody, it's a joke (Nanee Nanee Boo Boo) because the whole debate over liking anything different on an audio site seems so juvenile to me I have to laugh and hard[;)]

Never take anything I say here in cyberland as a personal attack, I reply in good nature to the point it's hurts and then I laugh again[:D]

I don't even own a set of SET amps but I have sure heard my share and like anysystem if it's to coin a Dukester phrase synergized correctly can sound as good if not better than a lot of systems including other types of valve system and SS! It's all in the ear of the beholder[:)]

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum, aimless ranting by those who prefer it their way[;)]

So you don't like SET; fine, I don't like you! Nanee Nanee Boo Boo[:P]

Did I mention how much I love this place and the brotherly love that hangs around just too have something to do with their time when the subjects of SS vs. Tube (or better yet SET) and Vinyl vs. CD come up[:|]

I HAVE A DREAM[:^)] ROTFLMAO

Hey Kaiser I asked you before and got no answer, what the hell is ROTFLMAO, what does that mean? I really don't know..........REALLY.....................like I said, 9 pages, 2000 views, and still NO Yamaha comparison, excuse me Listening Experiments, what's the deal with that? A bait and trap thread to start something? Brotherly Love........OK........I would like to know his findings...............but ...........if this about sharing information, I guess I missed the point again.....................SET IS BEST..........................(I've never heard one)

Update...........10 pages ................ 135 posts............2120 views...........YAMAHA..0......

What is this Yamaha of which you speak?

Don't they make motoricycles?

PAGE 5.......................Motoricycles..........and SnowMosheen's..............

Never take anything I say here in cyberland as a personal attack, I reply in good nature to the point it's hurts and then I laugh again[:D]

I wasn't offended. But your post offered a good opportunity to mention to everyone that we're talking audio here and not supposed to be making personal attacks. I would never assume just because someone had awful choice in audio equipment that he was an awful person. By the opposite token, Hitler loved Beethoven--what does that prove?

Everyone just please stand by, or at least post amongst yourselves gently, the Pioneer SA6500 and Yamaha CA600 are due for delivery tommorrow!

Maybe I should set each one to mono, one balanced to the right, the other to the left, then split the phono right to one, left to the other, then put a single LaScala on each one - a sort of super dual mono affair to allow instant comparison? Ehh, maybe not... but which should I hear first?

Pioneer SA6500 50W/ch

Yamaha CA600 35W/ch

Do the Yamaha first, 35 watts a light weight.....................got nothing in the 100 watt per........50 watt Pioneer, better, but kinda light in wattage, too.................Plug em', and bring em on...........Let's see your findings..................be FAIR

Oldbuckster I take it you have been around the block! Haven't you learned that power has nothing to do with weight, A little volume maybe but the hundred will not play twice as loud as the 35. As far as dynamics even a 100 watter can be a light weight! I had a nice 100 watter Jolitta hybrid here not bad a nice large power supply! But the fact was it was a light weight next to my 10 watt SET.

SET12

Set12, what are you talking about weight? I never mentioned weight, it doesn't matter, When I refered to "littleweight", I was just tongue in cheek, talking about the 35 watt per channel unit, even the 50 watt is "lightweight" in the power department, I would be more interested in 100 watts and up............but , I am talking about SS equipment..........not SET or Push-Pull, or whatever else is left..............I DO KNOW that SET is low power..........I know VRD's are mid power................I have a basic understanding of the differences.........but I am talking SS, I cannot compare the two, that's why I like to read about them all...............SS is all I've ever owned.................and I do understand that some 50 watt per units sound better than some 100 watt per unit.............It's not the number, it's the quality of the watt..............................

Set12, what are you talking about weight? I never mentioned weight, it doesn't matter, When I refered to "littleweight", I was just tongue in cheek, talking about the 35 watt per channel unit, even the 50 watt is "lightweight" in the power department, I would be more interested in 100 watts and up............but , I am talking about SS equipment..........not SET or Push-Pull, or whatever else is left..............I DO KNOW that SET is low power..........I know VRD's are mid power................I have a basic understanding of the differences.........but I am talking SS, I cannot compare the two, that's why I like to read about them all...............SS is all I've ever owned.................and I do understand that some 50 watt per units sound better than some 100 watt per unit.............It's not the number, it's the quality of the watt..............................

Authority! Dynamic Contrasts! Body! Speed! And basicly just sheer guts!

If you know its the quality of the watt why bother with the hundred?

Art Dudley on SETS:

and my experience has led me to expect a number of strengths from the breed: An almost scary sense of presence on voices and solo instruments. Superb immediacy in terms of musical nuance. Equally superb drama, with the greatest dynamic contrasts available in home playback when mated to the right speakers. At least good to very good performance in terms of getting the notes and the beats right. A sense of flow and momentum in musical lines that is second to none. And an uncannily natural way with textures and colorsthat beguilingly beautiful, gooshy feel that makes it easy to forget you're listening to electricity imitate people playing music.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can you get the THD chart for the vintage solid-state receivers?

What is THD at 1 milliwatt and 1 watt?

What is power rating into 8-ohms? 4-ohms? Even 2?

Authority! Dynamic Contrasts! Body! Speed! And basicly just sheer guts!

If you know its the quality of the watt why bother with the hundred?

Oldbuckster have you ever owned seperates? Hey I don't want to pick on you by any means I respect my elders! If you haven't owned tube gear you have certainly missed a treat! Most people our age are into tube gear I find! I'm a late bloomer myself but better late than never!

SET12