Crossover Network Questions

Guest " "

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there are hurt feelings flying all over the place concerning the crossover

issue. I do agree that there are measurements and THEN there are more measurements!

I think that the final judge should be how the speaker sounds. I have some very fine

Yamaha NS-1000's. Drive them with a nice amplifier and I think that many will agree

that they are quite nice and accurate sounding. I also have 2 sets of Klipschorns. One

evening I decided to settle down for some really serious listening. I put something of every

kind of format. I was really expecting the Klipschorns (AK-3's) to really get trounced by

the Perfectly accurate NS-1000's with the Beryllium Drivers. Well guess what? The

Klipschorns sounded quite accurate as compared to the NS-1000's. I did this to simply

see just how accurate the Klipschorns were. I have had so much high end gear and I

know what I like. My point is, as a measured system, Klipsch is clearly in the mix with

the so called Icons. I once had a drummer come over and auditioned an amplifier

I was going to sell him. He heard the Klipschorns and couldn't believe the accuracy

of the percussion. My hat is off to the engineers at Klipsch for being able to compete

with some of the other very fine accurate measuring speakers. They sound very

good and measure very good. My Klipschorns might not measure so great, but they

sound very accurate. I hope that everyone can get back to the bliss of the music

and leave the graphs and scopes at work and not bring them home. Happiness to

all. EarsOnly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klipschorns, Yamaha NS-1000's, Cornwalls, Heresys RC-7 EPI 1000 towers

Mcintosh, Carver Tripaths, Yamaha V-fets (B-1's and B-2's) Pink Triangle

Pioneer Elite Etc, etc,etc...