Damn, I'm in the mood for Motown

pauln

Parliament

Parliment/ Funkadelic...........Mr. George Clinton..... the Funkmaster, a great mind......not really Motown but close......Good Tunes from the Mothership......................

Paulin' do you have DVD, probably a dumb question, Standing in the Shadow of Motown, what a disc, it would more than fill your need for Motown...............Don't limit yourself to Motown, don't forget, STAX.......now there is a label, and Booker T and the MG's, the house band, Sam and Dave, OTIS, Wilson Pickett............Oh Boy, now we're talking.....better leave this thread.........SOUL MUSIC..........that's really where my musical interests really got going........I love that stuff

mike stehr.........TEAR THE ROOF OFF THE SUCKER..............enough said............

• Moderators

I just listened to Standing in the shadows of Motown yesterday, I love the part when he explains the Motown sound one instrument at a time. It's not the original singers but just as good or better.

I am always looking for more of that Motown sound, but it's hard to find any Cd's with more than one or two good songs. There are many great songs from that era but they are very spread out.

The story part of the DVD is a sad story, if it wasn't for that DVD the Funk Brothers went almost unnoticed.

I just listened to Standing in the shadows of Motown yesterday, I love the part when he explains the Motown sound one instrument at a time. It's not the original singers but just as good or better.

I am always looking for more of that Motown sound, but it's hard to find any Cd's with more than one or two good songs. There are many great songs from that era but they are very spread out.

The story part of the DVD is a sad story, if it wasn't for that DVD the Funk Brothers went almost unnoticed.

The History of Rock and Roll Volume 4 is about Soul Music, it covers it pretty well. Your right, Standing in the Shadows of Motown, is not original singers, but the Music is PURE Motown, and the singing is great, and better in a few cases. The Funk Brothers, what a band, what a bunch of musicians, sweet music to my ears, or any music fans for that matter. SOUL Music is a whole genre of Music that isn't mentioned alot on here, I don't know why, either most were to young to have remembered, or your too old and don't want to admit it. I admit it, and I loved it, and will always hold it dear to my heart, and that will never change. Funny part, I start out listening to the AM radio top 40 crap, then I find "Black Music" radio, not sure about it, Beach Boys time, grew tired of that quick, and back to the "Black Music" station, sounds real good now, Soul Music, Motown, what ever name you want to call it Explodes, and all is good, then out of nowhere, here comes the British invasion, Beatles, Stones, Animals, British bands playing our Blues, and Soul Music fades.........Viet Nam War.......Watts riots.......Racial unrest......Peace, Love.....free love.....Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll........and in the back ground.....Who is this Jimi Hendrix fellow, and what is he doing with that Guitar, wow, he's pretty good..........What is a Cream, and who is this Eric Clapton guy, what is he 20 years old and a Legend already. Anyway, got a little carried away, Sorry, early AM, no one else but me on here right now..................So my point being, Motown was King, but don't overlook STAX records, many great artists and songs from that fine label, Otis, Aretha, Sam and Dave, the Wicked Wilson Pickett, as the 60's fades, Motown moves to California, Stax faulters, and here comes ATLANTIC..........they sign Aretha, the Rolling Stones, and a new group you might have heard about......Led Zeppelin......and from there we go to the Greatest Decade in Rock Music.........the 70's...............that's a whole other thread...........Hate to hog the thread, but I LOVE THE MUSIC, and this is more fun to me than equipment talk I don't understand............or want to understand............Without the Music What's the point?.......