K-400 & other goodies for sale

Arkytype

If you've been looking for a pair of K-400 squawker horns, I've got a pair listed on eBay. I'm also selling the motorboards they were attached to as well as a pair of Altec 511B & 811B horns.

Until I installed Al's Trachorns, the 511Bs were my midrange horn of choice and were mated to a pair of Beyma CP-25 tweeters.

The 811B would be a good replacement for the Belle or other Vintage Klipsch products.

Lee

- put in bid but not hurtin' for horns as have 811/511, funky Frazier and paragon types. One problem from getgo is a compact effective horn bassbin and lack of LF (and possible upper mid probs). Subwoofer alleviates LF issue but creates another hassle. (looks like RCA-Fan's compromise is to use small but suffient xmax woofer in rear-load pipehorn) Assisted B6 reflex might be sensible compromise.

Ironically I too, am looking for a single K400/401 and K-55.

Hmm... so if two of your K-town buddies need a single one each, what's your thoughts?

(I might add that I'm not in love with the K400, meaning I'd be happy with the K-401 so though I don't know the replacement price of a K-401, I'm not going to pay any premiums for the 400)

I will need one sooner or later though.

• Moderators

I'd think we'll get by cheaper with new K401 at ~$50ea.

How much do k-400's go for new from Klipsch. I have a brand new pair I ordered from Klipsch parts about two years ago, they have never been out of the plascit they were sent in. Does Klipsch parts still sell them, at the time I heard they were running out so I quickly bought a pair. I can't remember what I paid for them. I was going to change them out in the LaScala's because those had funky inside look to the composite and I did not have grilles. I offered them as a bonus to the buyer of the LS's, but it worked out that I still have them. I can look to see what I paid, or if anyone know, we can work out a good deal.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis,

You must have gotten among the last of the 400's. The composit 401's are the only ones sold now.

They were some of the last, someone on here at the time said they were going fast and that if anyone was looking they had better order them now. So I ordered a pair, thinking I was paint them black and but them in my LaScalla's. I sold the LS's and so I do not have any use for them. I so a couple of forum brothers were looking split a pair and thought I might be able to help them out.

What is the difference between the 400 and the 401?

Travis