1960-61 Single Cornwall Serial #167 on eBay

Good2BHome

From a post I made a few weeks back, i was told a Cornwall would make a great center fill speaker for my Khorns, would this also be a good center speaker for 7.1? Khorns in front, Belles in Rear and Heresy's for surround? I have relatives in Napa. He also has another one circa 1966, my Khorns are 1997, which would you choose?

Jack

The tweeter and squaker are mounted "sideways" on that speaker. Were they all made that way then, or was this one made to be placed on its "side"?

If so, it might make it easier to place on the side and then use in the center space.

Paul

Paul,

The motorboards were all made that way until sometime in 1974, but with a different tweeter and mid-range starting in 1962. Your reference to "sideways" is referred to as Vertical, with the Horizontal model being introduced in 1974. The vertical could be used on its side and there was even a factory riser for the "on the side" position. Although this was not the common use.

Because of the tweeter and mid-range in this model the only people that should be interested are people that already have one of this model and this would make a pair (a very rare situation, maybe unique), a collector that has to have one of everything, someone that wants to own the 167th Cornwall (or maybe the 67th Cornwall ever made, but that is another story) or someone that wants a speaker that Paul Klipsch signed.

If there is someone willing to pick this up for a member (not me) please speakup, because there are at least two members that have a "matching" unit and one has ask the question in this thread.

If you want a Vertical for a center channel ( an excellent idea) the 1966 Cornwall 7E97 the same seller is selling would be the better unit IMHO.

Mike

Looks like the auction was yanked [:(] Seller ended the auction early, the sad part is my stepson works in Napa, Ca and was willing to ship it to me (the 67, not the 61) but they are both gone. I have never seen a Cornwall but the box looked really simple to duplicate. What horn was used in the cornwall? From what I can tell it used a K33, K55 driver and K77 tweeter, am I correct on this?

Kevin, Wendel's has some cloth that comes pretty darn close to match that.

Gilbert, do you have a link for that?

I'd like to get some too, Kev. That's the cloth that is on three of my Khorns and I'd like to use it on my Cornwalls, too!

I hope someone here got the '61 Cornwall. Gilbert? Khorn51?

Best in horns,

triceratops