Need some input. Really fast.

raw nerve

You would have to go with the next best thing, component. If your DVD player has HDMI, it has to have component. Use component then some type of digital out, Optical or Coaxial. Your receiver has 3 component inputs, 4 digital optical and 2 digital coaxial inputs. Optical or coaxial choice is pretty much opinionated. I've used both with my dvd player. But I stuck with coaxial. They sound pretty much identical. Unfortunately your receiver does not have the capability of HDMI or DVI so your stuck with component.

Hopefully this is of some help.

I'm surprised- that is a 'latest and greatest' in the receiver lineup from Yamaha. I don't know much about the High-def world. Is there a model upgrade that would include HDMI switching? If you're just now buying all this your salesman should be of some assistance in matching up components or at least take that receiver back in trade for a compatible one.

Michael

Yamaha make fine receivers, enjoy! I have the RX-V2500 which i stole for $930 Canadian plus all the taxes of course. Love it, never frets and i play it loud. Funny thing though, i never heard the fan come on before i bought my new RC-62 Centre. Guess the old Mirage just didn't draw any juice, it sure didn't output much, LOL.

Ok i just got back today after talking to my guy. I got the yamaha rx-1600 for 650.00 Did i get a good deal? Now one more thing i forgot to ask, I have a oppo dvd player,xbox 360 and a ps2. Do i need any wires for sound or anything eles to hook everything up. Thanks for all your help. Oct 3 when they come to hook eveything i'll snap some pic's and post them.

Well if your DVD player does have HDMI capability you could just plug that into your receiver. As for the xbox 360 use the component and it has a little end where you could place an optical digital cable for sound. Im sure PS2 is can be connected close to the same way the xbox360 is. Actually I think ps2 has an optical connection right on the unit itself ( not too sure considering I do not have either console) I think it was a good buy. They are going for about that much +50$ shipping on ebay.

Enjoy!