IMUS in the AM

oldbuckster

Buckster, I stand corrected. Governor. Yes that has a nice ring to it. I have this album that I keep close to the TT.

f32235zyt6i.jpg

This one has all the classic's.

Homo Erectus

Somethings Wrong With the Beaver

Wild Man from Borneo

They Ain't Makin Jews like Jesus Anymore

Well, a redneck nerd in a bowlin' shirt was guzzlin' Lone Star beer, talkin' religion and politics for all the world to hear...............

Piney it just amazes me some of the "old names" that pop back up again......Alot of people passed on guys like Kinky, and the Commander, and now 30 years later there are those names again..............I guess I'm an old fart because the only new CD I want is the new Jerry Lee Lewis........damn my mind is burnt.....

OB

Yeah , I know. Should have kept the bell-bottoms.

There are advantages. We don't have to learn a bunch of new lyrics all the time. At least some of these record companies are re-releasing the old ones on cd now. Some are cleaned up and actually sound better.

At least all my grandkids know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings.

Every time the 4-year old gets into my truck it's................."Play Lynyrd Skynyrd Grandpa!"

Ah, the joys of grandpahood.

Well.........Ob,did you see "the Killer" Jerry Lee this morning?He sounded alright,looked alright,he looked better than Elvis anyway.

Nope............Had doctor appt....he didn't come on until the 8 o'clock hour...damn it..knew I would miss him...........Looked better than Elvis....eh? Ol' Elvis looked a little pale, last time I saw him..............The Killer do anything from the New Album? There's one new album Ol'Buckster will buy...............God,I'm an old fart................Dwight Yokum comin' up, he is always good live on Imus...........I AM NOT a country fan, but Dwight is good......

Several decades ago Don Imus appeared on the NYC area radio dial "Imus in the Morning (singing in a typical jingle)." He was the the first, there, shock jock. Tame by present "standards". It was the tail end of class AM radio from the Golden Days.

I later left the NYC area and so had no experience with Imus.

There was a TV program about Howard Stern not too long ago. During the early days of Imus, HS was a young lad at a small FM rock station in near upstate New York. At least I think those dates match up.

My guess is that both of them were testing the good taste of the American people and the tolerance of the FCC with Stern learning from Imus.

The best quip I head about Stern was from a broadcast conventions of classic radio announcers. You have to remember that at one time these announcers were the guardians of diction and the American languge.

On fellow said, "Mr. Jones can't be with us tonight. He is sick." Another interruped and said, "That is an incorrect word choice. You should say, Mr. Jones is ill, suffering from an illness. Howard Stern is sick."

The world changes.

Gil

"Mr. Jones can't be with us tonight. He is sick." Another interruped and said, "That is an incorrect word choice. You should say, Mr. Jones is ill, suffering from an illness. Howard Stern is sick."

The world changes.

Gil

Amen to that. I can watch and/or listen to Imus but not Stern. Stern is too sick for me. How much fun can you make of some of those poor people? Not for me.

Howard Stern is where he belongs..........PAY RADIO.......did you ever figure that one day you would PAY to listen to radio.......The World is going Wild.......What's next??......Pay for Use Air, pay for the air we breathe..........STOP the Madness........Radio Air Waves are FREE.....why Pay????

Howard Stern is where he belongs..........PAY RADIO.......did you ever figure that one day you would PAY to listen to radio.......The World is going Wild.......What's next??......Pay for Use Air, pay for the air we breathe..........STOP the Madness........Radio Air Waves are FREE.....why Pay????

Hell, I never believed we would pay for............Water. In bottles!!!

Only way to get Stern his $500 M I wager is PAY radio I reckon.

Hell, you spend thousands of dollars at the Gas Station a year, and they want 50 cents for air for your tires...............paying for water..........paying to get rid of garbage.......paying for radio air waves............when does it end????

We don't make the sound in your speakers..................

we make the sound in your speakers better!!!

people pay for premium content. cable, speakers, water, cars, tv, airplane seats, internet, the list goes on and on and on. look at free radios content. commercials, repetative songs, commercials, and commercials. need I say more?

Right you are Rob and at least Don puts his money where his mouth is[;)] (funny I never saw Rush do anything for anyone other than Rush but he sure buffaloed a large crowd for a long time)

Say what you want about Rush's politics but he's raised and contributed a ton of money for good causes.