Bob Crites cast frame woofer installed

ricktate

Got the woofers wed. just put them in today.Listened to new Jimmy D Lane cd and then to some Josh Stone and other rock stuff.Seemed more punch and tight hard to tell difference didnt A=B them.More listening soon and will report back,, they do look good though.Thanks Bob.... I might add the box was beat up and afraid to look at woofer when i got it ,,,you might want to think about double boxing them.Other than that they looked fine, if you get some you will need longer screws if you put them in K-Horn.Rick

It is a nice woofer.

One could probally sell off the old k-33's and be able to pay for a new set of these, especially if you have the square magnet versions.

Rick,

Glad the woofers were all right even with the box damage. Those individual boxes cost about $5.00 each and are pretty good protection. Another box to add one layer of additional protection would add about another $5.00 per pair of woofers. Shipping a few hundred woofers by now, I have had 2 or 3 instances of damage. Insurance has taken care of those.

Bob

Hey Bob what is the main difference in specs compared to the K-33 woofer...i noticed the magnet on new ones were lighter does that mean anything, I assume newer magnets are lighter now days.So far i like them i should have did A-B test sunday before changing both them but was pressed for time cause i wanted to test,,lol,,them before wife got home ,,if you know what i mean wink wink nudge nudge.Rick

Rick,

Same magnet weight as the new K-33Es made for Klipsch. The round magnets weigh less than the pre-1985 square magnets because round is a more efficient magnet structure. Specs are based on the pre-1985 K-33E as far as design performance.

Bob