Local heresy's

tuned4life

The original owner recently passed away and I bought these unfinished H BR heresy's from his wife. I moved them from where they sat untouched for 25 years. I removed the risers to sit them on my lascalas.

They sound fantastic in combo with the lascalas. They dont need much throttle in a 10 x 10 room powered by a marantz 2325.

I would like to stain them to match the lascalas. I am going to do some experimenting on some scrap pieces of birch plywood. I think miniwax colonial maple will be a close match. A little nervous about staining as they are mint the way they are. Heresys really are the biggest sounding little speaker in the world.

post-18012-13819311249954_thumb.jpg

Sweet Set of speakers..........Got enough speakers yet, Doug ? They look really nice shape for being non-finished..........Wow, where do you come up with this stuff.........Hey, now your ready to try Home Theatre.........get ya' a Marantz 5.1 DTS Receiver.....and get ready to rock the cabin..................

Congratulations on the new guys.

Although you may not want to stain them, you may want to consider some sort of finish in order to protect the wood.

That being said, once you put something on them you will be changing the color and luster of the wood. The least invasive would be some oil (danish, BLO etc). If you go this route, follow the directions, prep the wood (avoid strong chemicals and agressive sanding etc), and take your time.

Good luck & some more pictures are mandatory,

-Tom

Yes to what Tom says, they'd certainly need some prep after being dry all this time, and some type of surface protectant is in order.

But if you really love the maple minwax and wish to have a matched set- why not!

My LS are a beautiful Minwax SPecial Walnut with BLO if you want a close up photo of that finish.

Michael

Those are nice indeed. Nothing wrong with "oh natural". I've got a pair of unfinished ones too, along with a few other pairs and I"m leaving them alone. I used a 3M pad to lightly sand them to brighten them up and that's it.

OB, don't go askin for no pictures now, OK? It will sure get you in trouble!

Post 'em Big Boy........oldbuckster is home from his road trip......Post 'em.........

Burn Barrel??......What's that.....I burned my garbage in the fireplace where you'll be stayin,................

Snow shovels?.....No, I just got a couple of NEW Left handed shovels.....we're set.......

Fancy Race Car Ride?.......Sure Prince I'll take U Fer a Ride...........Hell man, you can use the Porsche as yer own.........although, it does have windows........U gonna' B all right with Dat???? Deer Season right around the corner, too.......road Kill for dinner....eh!!!!