Best Place To Purchase Cornwall III

Has anyone had experience purchasing a new set of Heritage speakers over the web, e.g., Amazon.com, OneCall.com, BrilliantShopper.com, etc? I am interested in the new Cornwall III and they can be bought for $1,750 (black or walnut at BrilliantShopper.com) at the aforementioned sites vs. $3,500 at my local retailer. The speaker is 'new in the box' and comes with the full manufacturer's warranty.

Hey, Bill from the Woodlands. How's the weather up there? I'm over at I-10 and Kirkwood.

I can't answer your question, but am wondering why not just get Cornwalls used for about $700-800. The used stuff is typically going to be as good as new. Just audition it first and make sure the cosmetics are fine.

The Cornwalls weight almost 100 lbs each. The shipping weight listed on the website is 120 pounds. That's clearly $1,750 for *ONE* speaker. There are no authorized internet dealers who sell new Klipsch speakers at a discount, expect Klipsch's own EBay store and UBid (if Klipsch still sells overstock and refurbs through them...)

Hi William,

Before you go and purchase a pair of Cornwall IIIs via any on-line dealer, consider these important aspects: Return policy, warranty, and price.

Yes, I've seen all the places you mentioned above (and a few more) when I was looking for my Cornwall IIIs, but in the end I just went to my local Klipsh dealer because, unlike those on-line dealers, they were willing to deal.

The MSRP for a pair of Cornwall IIIs is $3500.00. Did I pay that much? No. I paid considerabley less, and have the satisfaction of knowing they came with the full warranty and a direct avenue to resolve any issues (however unlikely) that may come up.

I'm sure if you were to visit your local dealer they would be willing to cut you a similar deal. Look at the MSRP for its face value only. Dealers know they cannot compete with the internet, and should be open to negotiations. If not, find another dealer who is. Just ask them.

One other thing to consider, it is highly unlikely that any on-line dealer is going to have a pair of Cornwall IIIs in stock, ready to ship. Klipsch is only sending them out "built to order," so expect a wait of at least 4-weeks. Mine took exactly that, and I couldn't be happier.

William