Poor customer service at Klipsch

Espguitars

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is how much

more money is the consumer willing to spend on better customer service?

I agree a method of contact should have been in order when it

was discovered that the unit would take longer than expected and that a

different course of action was being taken, but I also understand that

it costs money to do this. And then I ask myself if I would be happier

to spend another $10 up front to fund the extra service...

In my opinion, the only time to get pissed is when the customer service just hangs up on you...

Customer service communications

for a fee!??!? ...WHO I gotta disagree with you here. He did pay...

upfront .He should have been kept up to date on his problem. The

man-hour cost to send an e-mail that provides an up to date status when

the situation changes is minimal. The consumer should expect this as a

function of the service.....IMO he had the right to post here for this issue.

I meant to get back to this sooner...I think my comments might have

been taken the wrong way in light of the context of this thread. I was

just mentioning that quality of products and services in general goes

down because society as a whole is more worried about saving a few

bucks when they're purchasing the product in the first place. I was by

no means suggesting the customer service should be paid for after the

fact! Yikes, that would be the day.

Getting a dedicated guy to write emails everyday however is definetly

expensive. Correspondance isn't a fun job either and often results in

even more correspondance (which means more time). Granted, I'm talking

about broad cases again and not this specific situation - I agree he

should have been contacted.

I guess being young and having dealt with dozens of customer service

departments that I've found these kinds of situations to be more on the

normal side. In fact, I've never had a customer service experience go smoother than this. I suppose some might consider it a bad thing if they're not used to it, but it's the only world I know. It drives my parents/grand parents nuts so they always make me

do it for them - so perhaps it's a generational thing?

Who knows, sorry for rambling.

... I was just mentioning that quality of products and services in general goes down because society as a whole is more worried about saving a few bucks when they're purchasing the product in the first place.

Actually, over time, the quality has become much better than ever. How many people got 100,000 miles on a car back in the 50's? It didn't happen. Technology makes products better and cheaper. The newest products of a genre always have the most quality issues, and then, as the makers learn over time, they build them better and cheaper. We are very lucky today to get all we do for such little money. Back in the 50's, if you wanted a sorry 25" TV, you'd have to pay a huge part of your income for it. So, most people watched their neighbors' TV's. Life is good, and things only get better and cheaper.

To reply on the heading of thos thread....

I have once needed the customer support of the Klipsch Dealer in Norway where I live. The Klipsch dealer are Audiocompaniet. The owner by the name of Olav Flugsrud contacted me personally and ensured my problems were solved. And even that I admitted that the reason for the problem probably was me to blame, he supplied the part to fix it free of charge.

I make sure I let everyone bringing up the subject of Klipsch customer support know, because my experience are that it's the best there is!

If you had the same experience such as I did you would also be mad. And dont deny it, and I came on here not to make friends but to see the thoughts of other consumers out there and if they to had an incident such as this.

Dear Espguitars,

Times of friends will get you through times of no speakers better than times of speakers will get you through times of no friends.

Amy apologised as did some other Klipsch folks, ....you are getting a great financial deal from one of the last few remaining quality firms in America who sponsor this great forum......and it isn't really an incident, is it....the worst thing that happened to you is somebody was so busy getting you that good deal that they forgot to tell you about it. ...no harm, no foul?

And I'm sure a lot of us would be your friend if you give us a chance. ...everyone here has been really helpful with all my "newbie, gee hunh?" questions.....Success is the reward of patience.

And I'm sure a lot of us would be your friend if you give us a chance. ...everyone here has been really helpful with all my "newbie, gee hunh?" questions.....Success is the reward of patience.

Well dangit... I for one, have been trying to be a rude donkey butt to you and you continue to be blind to it...

[8-)]