New one on board - the german Klipsch Forum leader ! World sensation with RF7!

Werner, you ARE THE MAN!

Klipsch should have you on their payroll as their European Spokesman! What you've already done for the discontinued RF-7 and Klipsch as a whole is exactly the kind of PR (Public Relations) work Klipsch Audio Technologies needs to establish a foothold into the high end market on both sides of the Atlantic!

Us forum members have always known that Klipsch products are first-rate, but the high-end audio industry have always held their noses up to the Reference and Heritage lineup, proclaiming they're not good enough to stand up to those other loudspeakers costing 3 times as much (or more). Maybe your testimony to the fact that they indeed live up to a musician's expectations of realistic music reproduction will someday convince all the non-believers out there that the RF-7s and other Reference and Heritage horn speakers really are the best bang for the buck (and euro).

You've already done such outstanding work convincing others that the RF-7s are the real deal...I wish you much success in your future endevours and for spreading the word about Klipsch products.

And keep your stories coming...they're fascinating reading (and your English is very good, by the way)![;)]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jim,

thanx for your compliments, i get a red head but i fear my english teachers from the 80 s will return from the grave - i even was flying from school because of my bad english.I really know nothing about grammatics and such nonsense.

The RF 7 has the problem in germany that its much too cheap - people will not believe that a speaker in this price range beats every other product of other brands.

And in magacines they do not write the truth - if a speaker do cost 3.000 Euro list price its in the list under 1000 other speakers for 3.000 Euro.

The only way out i know is to construct a special version of RF 7 - with some voodoo things - to screw the price higher between 5-10.000 Euro for a pair and voila - german high enders will buy!

You must know - most germans are crazy consumers.

They do find satisfaction by telling their neighbours how expensive their car, their equipment, their house and their dog is - most important thing is a high list price (but getting it cheap in ebay) and a cool image and optic.

Most high enders do not really care about the sound in our country- they spend a million bucks for high priced cables, plugs and netfilters - but do nothing for the room acoustic!

I personally know a very rich man from german television with an ultra expensive equipment but a really bad sound - because his room sounds like a cathedral.(what an reverb you can not understand your own word!)

Its enough for him to have his image products. If he wants to listen seriously - hes visiting me!

My idea would be a cool name for a special RF 7 - call it "The Statement 7" or "The Monument 7" or "Magic 7".

And dealers should do more workshops here- this means - to present Klipsch in directly comparison to really high priced stuff - this would open some ears and brains. My dealer told me last week that another dealer in Frankfurt did a directly comparison to the high priced B. u W. range - and Klipsch was winning................no wonder for me.

My door is always open for private workshops between hifi fans - some friends gave me the nickname : The Klipsch-priest!

Just 2 weeks ago i had a workshop RF 7 versus Elac 609 Mark 2 (german product for 12.000 Euro) - Klipsch was winning in all disciplines- was a hard shock!

Surely some of you course my bones and do say: Hey that man should tell his friends about the holy Klipschorn - of course i do - but the Wife Acceptance Factor is a problem.

These beasts are made for classical and real music lovers - who buy an instrument with soul - and there are not so many real music lovers existing.(a shame)

This means you can not sell 1.000 Klipschorn every year here - but you surely could sell some thousend Klipsch High End speakers with small sizes like a RF 7.

Huh - im talking too much..........now i go back rocking!

5.jpg

Your personally Klipsch priest :)

Werner

Primal Fear are Metal Band No. 1 in germany and mostly playing in big arenas with 30.000 people and more. They have seven killer albums on start.

You can see them in their gallery playing on some Monsters of Rock festivals and such things - even many pics from the USA Tour - today they are playing in south america in a stadium as far im informed.

However - Mat is the man who was bringing me back to the music after 10 years of doing nothing.

Oh, I am quite familier with Primal Fear. They are indeed friggan awesome! You are probably speaking with one of the biggest powr/prog metalheads on this forum right here! Damn shame I don't know how to play an intrument myself, although I did attempt to learn keyboards. The metal scene here in the states is not nearly as big as what you got. I see many a show at this rinky-dinky, tiny *** little club about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of where I live (in Fredericksburg, VA) called Jaxx. But some of the shows I've seen there! Just to name a few - Stratovarious, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, DragonForce, Evergrey, and Nevermore. I'll be seeing Blind Guardian on the December 4.

I've also seen and hung with many good bands in the genre myself! Check out these:

me-kotipelto-porra.jpg

That is me (in the center) with Lauri Porra and Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarious.

me-toni-kakko.jpg

That is me with Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica (probably one of my most favorite bands!)

Im very surprised that you know Symphorce - nearly nobody knows them - i love them!

Its a shame that they did not blow the charts!

They belong to my absolutely favourites.

Not do I only know of Symphorce, but I've actually seen them! They played last year at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta! Friggan unbelievable! I was an instant fan after seeing that performance! I know have all of thier albums!

Yesterday i got from True Track the Mastering of our first song "Signs of Hope" in MP 3 format. Mr. Jambor from True Track (www.truetrackrec.de) is only working for the big stars

worldwide like Faith No More, Doro, Slayer, Metallica and so on. Even

Mr. Jambor thought that our RF 7 Mix was mindblowing and was very

surprised- he did the master for usual stereoequipment - and now its

really a sensation. Mr. Jambor is a magician! I think he uses the most expensive stuff on planet:) I never heard such a good sound like yesterday with the True Track Master! Even on MP 3 its a orgasmatic pleasure and i had tears of joy in my eyes!

He is also working for high end jazz bands and made many live recordings from classic.

If you want to have an MP 3 file of the mastering you must send a mail adress to me where i can send 12 MB of datas!!!!

I will send the song MP 3 file to every member of Klipsch forum which is interested and send his mail adress to me:

headbanger777@onlinehome.de

But attention - your mailbox must eat 12 MB!!!!!!!

I will most certainly have to do that! I'll try my gmail account (skonopa (at) gmail (dot) com).

I'll send you an e-mail from there. I'd love to hear a sample of your music. From reading some of your descriptions, it sounds like something I am very interested in checking out. I am always looking for new music and love to support the prog/power metal scene as much as I can.

By the way mate, im also a big fan of Mrs. Tarja Turunen which was working for Nightwish. My dream is to work together with her one day.

I absolutly loved Nightwish! I still spin Once quite a bit on my RF-7s. Damn shame that Tarja and Nightwish had such a falling out, though. An absolutely beautiful voice, and as you no doubt can attest, just sounds stunning on the '7s.

Back to RF 7 -

best speaker i ever had in my house and i had hundreds of speakers in my house in the last 20 years!

I had them all here Sonus Faber, JBL, Tannoy, B & W, Quadral, Elac, Zingali, Cello, ALR Jordan, I.Q., and all the hyped stuff from magacines up to a price of 30.000 Euro!

If someone do not believe - the same game by my hifi dealer - who knows everything and has tested in a period of 30 years hundreds of speakers and did hundreds of workshops - he told me - the RF 7 is definitive the best speaker he ever audited independend from price - and he really has audited speakers much more expensive like me!!!!!!

I have absolutly no reason to doubt you. I do believe that you have indeed owned/listened to the speakers that you mention (you must be friggan loaded to be able to afford 30,000 euro speakers and 25,000 euro amps! - they ain't paying me enough where I work as a software engineer! [8-|]. And I thought the $3,000 or so I paid for my B&K amp was alot!)

Anyway, I've had made comparisons between Sonus Faber, Focal, Martin-Logan, JBL and a few others myself, and I found myself always coming back to the RF-7s. I just love the dynamics and clarity of the '7s. The detail is just stunning, and like I said above, I am very impressed at just how good these things sounded with my B&K amp. It seems especially true with the type of music that we both play and love. It just seemed these things where made for listening to power/prog metal!

We definitly need to stay in touch - a fellow power/prog metalhead that loves his RF-7s! I am friggan stoked! We need more folks like you in this world!

If, and this may be a long stretch, and coming from Germany would be quite a distance for you, but IF it is at all possible, I highly recommend that you try to come over here on around June 22nd for the Klipsch Pilgrimage that is to take place at the Klipsch headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana! Please see this forum thread down in the "Pilgrimage" section for details. It would truly be an honor and a pleasure to have you as well as Werner Enge to attend!

Continue to hold the Klipsch and Metal torch!

I personally know a very rich man from german television with an ultra expensive equipment but a really bad sound - because his room sounds like a cathedral.(what an reverb you can not understand your own word!)

Its enough for him to have his image products. If he wants to listen seriously - hes visiting me!

That's pretty good...to him it's all about image and how his audiophile system is more inline to how it "looks" while he's socializing with his rich friends, instead of how it sounds (and if he wants to hear accuracy, he listens to your system instead)!

My main listening pleasures are with classic '60s and '70s rock, and classical pipe organ music...wonder how a J.S. Bach organ prelude & fugue on an 18th century North German Baroque pipe organ would sound in a large room with RF-7s (I know all my high-end organ recordings sound wonderful thru my ol' Cornwalls...I imagine the RF-7s would do a fantastic job reproducing pipe organ music as well, but I've never heard an RF-7 before).

Primal Fear are Metal Band No. 1 in germany and mostly playing in big arenas with 30.000 people and more. They have seven killer albums on start.

You can see them in their gallery playing on some Monsters of Rock festivals and such things - even many pics from the USA Tour - today they are playing in south america in a stadium as far im informed.

However - Mat is the man who was bringing me back to the music after 10 years of doing nothing.

Oh, I am quite familier with Primal Fear. They are indeed friggan awesome! You are probably speaking with one of the biggest powr/prog metalheads on this forum right here! Damn shame I don't know how to play an intrument myself, although I did attempt to learn keyboards. The metal scene here in the states is not nearly as big as what you got. I see many a show at this rinky-dinky, tiny *** little club about 50 miles (80 kilometers) north of where I live (in Fredericksburg, VA) called Jaxx. But some of the shows I've seen there! Just to name a few - Stratovarious, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, DragonForce, Evergrey, and Nevermore. I'll be seeing Blind Guardian on the December 4.

I've also seen and hung with many good bands in the genre myself! Check out these:

me-kotipelto-porra.jpg

That is me (in the center) with Lauri Porra and Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarious.

me-toni-kakko.jpg

That is me with Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica (probably one of my most favorite bands!)

Im very surprised that you know Symphorce - nearly nobody knows them - i love them!

Its a shame that they did not blow the charts!

They belong to my absolutely favourites.

Not do I only know of Symphorce, but I've actually seen them! They played last year at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta! Friggan unbelievable! I was an instant fan after seeing that performance! I know have all of thier albums!

Yesterday i got from True Track the Mastering of our first song "Signs of Hope" in MP 3 format. Mr. Jambor from True Track (www.truetrackrec.de) is only working for the big stars worldwide like Faith No More, Doro, Slayer, Metallica and so on. Even Mr. Jambor thought that our RF 7 Mix was mindblowing and was very surprised- he did the master for usual stereoequipment - and now its really a sensation. Mr. Jambor is a magician! I think he uses the most expensive stuff on planet:) I never heard such a good sound like yesterday with the True Track Master! Even on MP 3 its a orgasmatic pleasure and i had tears of joy in my eyes!

He is also working for high end jazz bands and made many live recordings from classic.

If you want to have an MP 3 file of the mastering you must send a mail adress to me where i can send 12 MB of datas!!!!

I will send the song MP 3 file to every member of Klipsch forum which is interested and send his mail adress to me:

headbanger777@onlinehome.de

But attention - your mailbox must eat 12 MB!!!!!!!

I will most certainly have to do that! I'll try my gmail account (skonopa (at) gmail (dot) com).

I'll send you an e-mail from there. I'd love to hear a sample of your music. From reading some of your descriptions, it sounds like something I am very interested in checking out. I am always looking for new music and love to support the prog/power metal scene as much as I can.

By the way mate, im also a big fan of Mrs. Tarja Turunen which was working for Nightwish. My dream is to work together with her one day.

I absolutly loved Nightwish! I still spin Once quite a bit on my RF-7s. Damn shame that Tarja and Nightwish had such a falling out, though. An absolutely beautiful voice, and as you no doubt can attest, just sounds stunning on the '7s.

Back to RF 7 -

best speaker i ever had in my house and i had hundreds of speakers in my house in the last 20 years!

I had them all here Sonus Faber, JBL, Tannoy, B & W, Quadral, Elac, Zingali, Cello, ALR Jordan, I.Q., and all the hyped stuff from magacines up to a price of 30.000 Euro!

If someone do not believe - the same game by my hifi dealer - who knows everything and has tested in a period of 30 years hundreds of speakers and did hundreds of workshops - he told me - the RF 7 is definitive the best speaker he ever audited independend from price - and he really has audited speakers much more expensive like me!!!!!!

I have absolutly no reason to doubt you. I do believe that you have indeed owned/listened to the speakers that you mention (you must be friggan loaded to be able to afford 30,000 euro speakers and 25,000 euro amps! - they ain't paying me enough where I work as a software engineer! [8-|]. And I thought the $3,000 or so I paid for my B&K amp was alot!)

Anyway, I've had made comparisons between Sonus Faber, Focal, Martin-Logan, JBL and a few others myself, and I found myself always coming back to the RF-7s. I just love the dynamics and clarity of the '7s. The detail is just stunning, and like I said above, I am very impressed at just how good these things sounded with my B&K amp. It seems especially true with the type of music that we both play and love. It just seemed these things where made for listening to power/prog metal!

We definitly need to stay in touch - a fellow power/prog metalhead that loves his RF-7s! I am friggan stoked! We need more folks like you in this world!

If, and this may be a long stretch, and coming from Germany would be quite a distance for you, but IF it is at all possible, I highly recommend that you try to come over here on around June 22nd for the Klipsch Pilgrimage that is to take place at the Klipsch headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana! Please see this forum thread down in the "Pilgrimage" section for details. It would truly be an honor and a pleasure to have you as well as Werner Enge to attend!

Continue to hold the Klipsch and Metal torch!

Wow mate!

We are soulbrothers i fear:)

I love Stratovarius and the solo projects of Kotipelto and have all albums of both of them!

I got a mail from you and sended my data package out, hope you have fun:) I also own the new DVD of Sonata Arctica they are very good, too. Im also in love with Gamma Ray (my almighty friend Ralf from Primal Fear was singing by them in the past)and damn of course im love Evergrey and Nevermore!

The DVD Concert from Evergrey in the opera is one of the best concerts ever recorded!

Dragon Force i dont know - from Blind Guardian i have everything of course, even the ultimate concert DVD from the german Fan event!

I will read the threads you talked about later.(Klipsch Meeting USA)

Thank you so much for your heartly mail - really flubbergasting. Im speechless!

And yes we must stay in contact brother! What a forum!

Cheers

Werner

@ Steven

Thanks a lot for that invitation !

@ Werner Barra

So we both have to go to the U.S.A. , visitin Klipsch and shake a few nails loose.........

@ Klipsch

So , get us two tickets to Indy , and we´re comin´ !!!

greetz to all !

Hey Werner,

I really feel tempted :)

I never was in the USA in my life.

Cheers

Werner

My main listening pleasures are with classic '60s and '70s rock, and classical pipe organ music...wonder how a J.S. Bach organ prelude & fugue on an 18th century North German Baroque pipe organ would sound in a large room with RF-7s (I know all my high-end organ recordings sound wonderful thru my ol' Cornwalls...I imagine the RF-7s would do a fantastic job reproducing pipe organ music as well, but I've never heard an RF-7 before).

I know for myself that the RF-7s do a wonderful job with pipe organs. Unfortunatly, the only real test I did was with the venerable Pomp & Pipes album. Still, I was very impressed myself with how good the pipe organ sounded on my system, at least off that P&P album.

I know for myself that the RF-7s do a wonderful job with pipe organs. Unfortunatly, the only real test I did was with the venerable Pomp & Pipes album. Still, I was very impressed myself with how good the pipe organ sounded on my system, at least off that P&P album.

That's testimony enough, brother![H]

I feel any Klipsch can do the pipe organ justice...hell, my li'l ProMedia 2.1 sub/satellite system for my PC does an excellent job with both AC/DC and Led Zepp, along with Widor's 5th Organ Symphony and Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D Minor. I'm making payments on Ben Clarke's cherry RB-75 monitors; since they were considered the flagship Reference bookshelf monitors in their day alongside their big brother the RF-7s, I'm confident (along with my two Dayton subs) that I'll soon own near-identicle RF-7 clones (in a smaller package, natch). It'll be a change from the Cornwalls, but these smaller bookshelf loudspeakers will fit nicely in my tiny music room.[Y]

I really like this new international flavor to our forum. I sometimes forget there is a world outside American boundaries. These guys are great Klipsch ambassadors with excellent attitudes. If they ever visit Hope they will freak. One of their sites has a description "RF-7 from Arkansas". They are so happy with the sound they aren't bitching about cheap plastic feet or broken pegs.

Dean

If you want to send Werner Enge a set of networks, I'll chip in.

JT

I really like this new international flavor to our forum. I sometimes forget there is a world outside American boundaries. These guys are great Klipsch ambassadors with excellent attitudes. If they ever visit Hope they will freak. One of their sites has a description "RF-7 from Arkansas". They are so happy with the sound they aren't bitching about cheap plastic feet or broken pegs.

Dean

If you want to send Werner Enge a set of networks, I'll chip in.

JT

Hey Arky,

not : RF 7 from Arkansas -

the earthquake from Arkansas :))))

German High Enders are hard insulting about the Klipsch terminals, thin wood and such things - im the man who tries to explain these F....heads that Klipsch is the manufacture of Paul Klipsch and that Paul Klipsch was building : No Bulls.... speakers!

The Klipsch terminals maybe do not look very attractive - but for my bananas they made the best contact ever. The cable is fixed perfectly!

Im used to ultra expensive WBT Terminals from my Tannoys - they look good - but my bananas are not really fixed!

The other thing is the thin wood of the Klipsch - this brings a very fast deflacting of the vibration energy and is much better like the try to damp a speaker to death with a tank - lid. Some bad mouths do say the feeds of the RF 7 are plastic crap - they are crazy, because the polypropylene construction of the Klispch follows the high speed deflacting system of the cabinet.

I explained to the german f...heads that for example Esoteric uses this material for the CMK 4 motor bridges of their VRDS systems for the CD drive units. Nearly most expensive stuff on market and used from Krell, Wadia and Teac.

The RF 7 follows perfect the way of construction of an musical instrument like a violine or a guitar. It has a perfect woody sound, full and rich with overtones - so can perfectly produce the air between instruments.

The X over is directly constructed in one part with the speaker terminal, see here:

klipschweiche.JPG

Over that you can see on the picture the perfectly construction of the cross beam - made exactly in the same way you will find in a acoustic guitar!

The X over is positioned in the center where the electronic parts (which are very sensitive for vibrations) do nearly no vibration because energy follows the way out to the feeds (spikes).

So never do use the rubber feeds - always do use the Klipsch spikes !

Or you destroy the princip of the RF 7 and change from deflacting in damping at the feeds - which will give the same uncorrect bassy sound other speakers on the market do.

The inner cabling of the RF 7 is very good stuff made by monster - stiff!

This monster cable is used in the Monster Rock guitar cable - best guitar cable on earth - used by Metallica and other big audiophile Metal Bands. In germany you pay 80 Euro for one cable!!!!!!!!!!!!

But best thing is no braze point at the drivers - the fix stuck in system is the best - and also used in 30.000 Euro Tannoy speakers (Kingsom/Westminster Royal) for example or in professionell studio monitors like the DMT 15 or 215.

There is no chemical changing between.

My english - im sorry - is too poor to go in details for this subject.

But we did a lot of tests with silver brazing and stucking - stucking is always the best longtime solution if the plugs do not corrode.

Next important thing is that the RF 7 has nearly no inner damping for the midrange - you will find the S damping system whith a perfect formed channel to get a clean sound and with optimal output point for the bass (yes the postioning of the bass port is perfect would it be 2 cm deeper you would have a bassy and dull sound some cm higher it would colour the midrange)

The RF 7 is a very well planned product made from some genius research workers.

klipsch2.jpg

I also tested for a long time the holo profile of the faceplate. If your hearing distance - like mine is - over 5 meters - this profile is perfectly matched to make a much better 3 d stage. You really can not hear the speakers.

At 5 Meter hearing distance the speaker is complete disappearing ! Its Magic.

Though all things are cheap made - they are best made - for the sound

There are so much more things i could tell about the RF 7 and its magic construction - its amazing. I made a lot of trouble in german forums and was throwed out in some because of my fight for this speaker. Most germans are intolerant and they feel - in first instance the dealers of course- that the RF 7 is disturbing the market and that no speaker from other brands independent from price can beat it!

Its a true speaker - without nonsense - without Marketing gags - without voodoo - and a way for the consumer to come in hifi nirwana without spending a million bucks.

In the next time i will demonstrate the Klipsch to some urgent german musicians and im sure that this speaker will be heared in many professionell studios in soon.

I personally mixed the first song from our new genesis project with the RF 7 - will do with the whole album and for the future - and i never was so satisfied with a natural, unlimited and uncompressed Rock sound. Even the 12 MB MP 3 version mastered by Dirk Jambor from www.truetracrec.de (the man who made Faith No More, Doro, Slayer and many more)

is mindblowing.

The good thing is - if a song is mixed with RF 7 it will sound wonderful on every equipment.

For me it was very urgent to create a new Rock Sound which was never on the market - a sound which do not sounds like a studio - a sound which sounds like kicking *** and being played life in a smoky cellar room where you hear the cigarettes out of the vocalists voice and smell the wood of the Marshall.

I wanted asskicking drums - no flat and compressed drums and a Warwick bass attack which you feel in your balls in combination with breathtaking highs.

This mission was only possible because of the Klipsch RF 7.

The non data reduced CD version is the most inimitable record i ever audited in rock and much better like the MP 3 - you even hear the difference via telephone!

You definitive will not audit a typical studio sound - you will think your are in one room with the musicians - though - only 2 people were playing in all instruments!

Of course my enthusiasm knows no frontiers:)

Until now everybody i sended the MP 3 file was full of enthusiasm independent what equipment he audited! ( i sended it to more like 200 people in the last days)

I never have heard that a record from another musician was loved so much on every equipment.

I only can say: Thanks god for the Klipsch - my favourite tool in creating a good sound.

And if in other forums on the world people are insulting about Klipsch - give them my adress for reference!

Cheers

klipschzimmer.jpg

Werner

Well, call it national pride or simply human touchiness, but I don't quite think all German audio consumers fit into Werner's description.....after all we do have some Heritage owners over here who couldn't care less about price tags (in the way described above).

I am not saying such folk don't exist, but surely they are not a German (or even European) speciality.

Okay, 'nough said and now I'll just crawl back to enjoy some tunes [;)].

Wolfram

Hmmmnnn ...

Marshall TSL ....??

you must be a metal player

to you , I. say.......Plexi..............[:)]

.it's where it's at ......

Hey Duke,

it shakes balls :)

marshall2.JPG

Aaaahhhh ...

I prefer the meeker sound of this ....

Hey Duke,

i think the old ones had no seperated channels for Lead, Cruch and Clean sound. Its easier to play live with the newer generation i think.

Cheers

Werner