KLF-30's For Surrounds?

bchild311

I have Reference series for my front stage. I have the opportunity to grab some KLF-30's that I would use for my surrounds. I'm wondering if anyone has done anything similar to this setup. It makes me sad to waste all that power in the 30's using them as surrounds. I'm almost half tempted to throw the Reference in the back and use Legend series in the front.

Obviously some testing and personal preference would help - but wanted to get other folks' take on this setup.

Thanks ...

I used to use KLF 20's for my surrounds. I have RF-7's for mains and I chose the 20's over my RF 3II's for surrounds as I listened to alot of DVD-a & SACD. I just felt the 20's were superior. My ex-wife got the KLF-20's which was fine as she was converted to a loyal Klipsch fan!

I have always been a very big ledgends fan. As far as moving your 7's back, not sure about that, you'd have to be the judge.

Phil

Above all else, keep your main L/R your favorites, for 2 ch listening, if you do that in this room. Secondly, keep the front three the same series/ timbre. So I'd say your decision should be based on listening habits and what your center is.

I have CW's behind me, Indy has LSI's. Who's to say have top of the line for surrounds is a waste?

M

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. I can get a pair of mahogany 30's for $800. In my opinion there is not a better series of speaker made for 2-channel listening. The Legend series is so musical to me.

Can't wait to hear them with the rest of the setup ...

Not to start anything, but there were times when I liked my KLF-20's better than my RF-7's. I think it had something to with being a three way speaker. I have never heard the KLF-30's, but can only imagine...Hell, I have never heard K-horns....I kind of hope I never do...it will most likely ruin me[:o]

Not to start anything, but there were times when I liked my KLF-20's better than my RF-7's. [:o]

I think that sometimes too,till I crank em' up and really listen to em' both.That's when the 7's bring me back around.

Not to start anything, but there were times when I liked my KLF-20's better than my RF-7's. [:o]

I think that sometimes too,till I crank em' up and really listen to em' both.That's when the 7's bring me back around.

I sometimes wonder the same thing. [^o)] I really like my KLF-20's but have never directly A/B's them in the same room. If I didn't get such a good deal on my Reference set-up I probably would still have my Legends in my main HT--Although, I would have looked for a pair of KLF-30's to use as mains. [:)]