FOOD IN THE MAIL

bodcaw boy

so it's about 5:00 and my wife calls and says, you need to come and pick up this box. i said, what box? she says, this box of ribs and ice cream packed in dry ice. so i'm searching my brain (pretty short scan), man did i mess up and send food over to my wife's place of work accidentally, knowing that i do that all the time. then i remember,

WAIT A MINUTE!! I DON'T ORDER FOOD PACKED IN DRY ICE!!!

so i say, okay, i'm in the clear and i can honestly deny knowing anything about this (a rare occasion indeed!), so conscience clear, i dive in, what ribs and ice cream? she says, one of your friend's, you know the one that bought the home speaker (i just love her description, a home speaker), that you showed me the picture of, richard was his name. he called me the other day and he wanted to surprise you. i said richard who? [:D]

MAN WHAT DID YOU DO? THE RIBS WERE MOST EXCELLENT AND TASTY AND I CANNOT TELL YOU ENOUGH THANK YOU SO SO VERY VERY MUCH. YOU REALLY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT BUT RIBS AND THEN ICE CREAM LATER ON TONIGHT. I AM SET!! AGAIN YOU REALLY REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR CHECK BOUNCED AND KLIPSCH IS GOING TO HAVE TO REPO YOUR JUBS!!

COYOTEE-O THANKS SO MUCH!

BOY!!

[<:o)]

lol, glad the 'surprise' worked...

As I've told others, I love to share things that I love. Well... except my wife & dogs... (BACKOFF Fini, especially with my dogs [:$])

Wait til you try the 'cream.

I had fits trying to get ahold of your wife... well, not really, I'm pretty resourceful AND we ARE talking the metropolis of Hope!

None the less, I hope you like the ice cream as much as the ribs. I hope there were ENOUGH ribs in there!!! (pig!..did you share ANY?!!!)

For yourself or anyone else who's curious, I've mentioned them here before, will do again....some of Cincinnati's treats.

Ribs: www.montgomeryinn.com

Ice cream www.graeters.com

The ice cream was once featured on Oprah's show. Seems about the entire country called Graeters & put orders in. They said they've NEVER had the order department be that busy. I guess since they make it in small batches, almost by hand, they had a hard time filling the orders. It IS good stuff!

for the ribs, my understanding is they were one of Bob Hope's favorites. I understand he had them shipped to him & his friends all the time. True or not...still good stuff.

Just don't forget to wear your bib, BerryBoy!!

Ice cream www.graeters.com

The ice cream was once featured on Oprah's show. Seems about the entire country called Graeters & put orders in. They said they've NEVER had the order department be that busy. I guess since they make it in small batches, almost by hand, they had a hard time filling the orders. It IS good stuff!

First, that was cool what you did! [Y]

Ahh Graeter's! How I so fondly remember eating many a cone of that stuff when I lived in Columbus, OH right before moving to my current location in Virginia.

For ribs - the Smokey Bones we got right here in good ol' Freddyburg is hard to beat!

Did you send him that double chocolate Graters? That's this super rich chocolate with huge chunks of chocolate in it!

Used to do photo seminars with David Ziser of Edgwood KY, that's a 'burb of Cincy. Thursday of seminar week he'd take all the students for Skyline Chili (another Cincy treat) and Graters for dessert.

We'd be in HEAVEN MAN!

Good call Coytee, I'd do the same when Roy custom makes a pair of those home speakers for me.

Michael

Did you send him that double chocolate Graters? That's this super rich chocolate with huge chunks of chocolate in it!

Well, I was going to wait for him to comment (I'm only on page one, so perhaps he has on page 2)

None the less.. yes. I asked his wife what his favorite flavor was and she told me. (don't worry Roy, your favorite flavor, "Pink Schnopps" is secret with me [:$][6])

Ok, so that's a lie.

Sent him two of his favorite, another of chocolate chip and another of double chocolate chip (4 pints total in addition to the ribs)

[ip]

BTW, how MUCH ribs do you send a guy who goes by BerryBoy Roy?

If you order the combonation packs Mongomery can/will include Graeters, but if you order Graeters from Graeters, they will/can NOT add the ribs. So I paid one shipping instead of two by going to Montgomery Inn to order.

Mister BerryBoy received four slabs of ribs and four pints of ice cream. I was hoping he'd share SOME with his family... I'll be checking with his wife to see if he was naughy or nice.....well.... regarding the ribs anyway. [:o]

I'm kind of looking forward to his trying the chip versions to get his opinion of the 'hershey bars' inside them.

Ya know... when Mark & JC came here to listen to the Jubilees, I ordered some and asked each one of them their favorite flavors too, as I was going to order some & get everyone covered for a treat.

Marks happend to be a "chip flavor" and I was looking forward to his wrestling down some of the chunks... don't you know that as it happened, he did not suffer hardly ANY large chunks in there. Ironically, in the same order, I had my usual choc chip and dbl choc chip, and they were just typical with huge chips. I was really waiting for Mark to show some shock & awe by the chips but it never happened. He kind of missed out on that batch.

yeah, ususally there's a look of awe as one first views those massive chips- should be called 'boulders' imho. Frozen, those babies could take a good dental crown out!

Ah, Montgomery Inn ribs, used to have one near my place here in Indy but it closed down. I think I've been to the Cincy one- right on the river is it? Heavenly.

Good thinking on the shipping combo pak idea. That will have to become the standard 'thank you' pak for a pair of Jubes. Well get Roy up to fighting weight in no time! HA.

Still wondering what BerryBoy's fave flavor is? Could the color blue be involved?

M

Hmmmm... Graeters... one of the many good things about Cincy (except for the chili, unless it's 2 in the morning and you've been out all night, and you'll pay for it the next day). I have ordered Graeters as well, makes a great gift. Very cool Coytee.

-Jim