LaScala

woodsman

Was not really sure where to post this question. But here goes.

Is it ok to enclose the back part, where the horns and crossovers are. My little turd cat has been sleeping in there lately. She started going in the open part, so I put some sheets on that side. Then found her behind the awesome and pricey ALK's. Thankfully she is somehow carefull crawling around in there and did no damage. So I have some temporary duct tape covering that now. But would like to do something more permanent to keep her out. She does look so darn cute in ther though, and she is my baby, so no nasty suggestions on doing something to her.

My thought, as a woodworker, is to put some 1/4 plywood attatched with screws. But then thought of that vibrating.

Duct tape is too cheesy, that's just temp for now.

Cardboard with some bouble sided tape is another thought that just came to mind.

Anyone else have any issues or thoughts on this matter.

Jeff

The one piece industrial version of the LaScala is sealed in the manner you indicate.

The one piece industrial has a frame made of 5/8's stock which the back piece attaches to...resulting in a flush look.

In the one piece industrial, the attachment has a hole cut out, about 1/4 thick, to allow for the mid driver magnet ...which would otherwise put pressure on the new back section.

Was not really sure where to post this question. But here goes.

Is it ok to enclose the back part, where the horns and crossovers are. My little turd cat has been sleeping in there lately. She started going in the open part, so I put some sheets on that side. Then found her behind the awesome and pricey ALK's. Thankfully she is somehow carefull crawling around in there and did no damage. So I have some temporary duct tape covering that now. But would like to do something more permanent to keep her out. She does look so darn cute in ther though, and she is my baby, so no nasty suggestions on doing something to her.

My thought, as a woodworker, is to put some 1/4 plywood attatched with screws. But then thought of that vibrating.

Duct tape is too cheesy, that's just temp for now.

Cardboard with some bouble sided tape is another thought that just came to mind.

Anyone else have any issues or thoughts on this matter.

Jeff

Tiger urine?

Well it might work but then they would smell like tiger urine.

If you look at the back of the new La Scala it is actually sealed up but I doubt it would be a drop in replacement. It looks really nice though. Let us know how you solve this one.

I cured my GFs cat by just cranking the speakers when ever she got close to them....The cat stays away now.

Thanks for the replies guys.

If the new lascala has it enclosed than if I do mine they should be fine.

When I get home from work today I am going to go with the plywood. I will cut a hole where the magnet is. Also notch out where the speaker cables are of course. Would like more of a permanent fix for this. With it screwed on properly it should not vibrate. Then can always take it off if ever I need to change anything. Will certainly keep the dust out. So I guess it's a win, win situation anyway.

Jeff

Go to any garden supply or WalMart (in season) and cut a small piece of fruit tree bird netting and cover the opening (using tacks to attach it).

But personally, I think this is a perceptual 'people' problem. The cat won't hurt a thing.

My cats have done this on occassion for years. Somehow we have survived without ANY problem! I think the biggest concern would be for the cat regarding your choice of music! [:P][:D] But I get a real kick ( [:^)] ) out of the expressed idea that a cat would arbitrarily urinate on the speaker! That makes as much sense as your neighbors worrying that someone will arbitrarily urinate on their lawn furniture. OK, OK, maybe that's not fair...cats are much more meticulous! [:P]