Too much Scotch..and a TT

PhilMays

Well last Friday night I did something I hadn't done in a very long time. I drank a bit of Scotch after a very long work week.

Well appariently on Ebay I bid on 2 turntables. I lost the Denon DL 62 I believe it was, but won a Yamaha PF-800 with a Ortofon FF15XE MKII.

I paid for it, not his fault I was drunk.

So, here is my list of questions.

1. Does anyone have a comment on this TT?

2. What is a Ortofon FF 15XE MKII?

3. What additional equipment will I need to operate it through a Yamaha RX-Z1.

Eventially I will get a tube preamp, amp, etc for a two-channel set-up, but for now....

Thank you in advance for your help and I promise I will not get us all in too much trouble in the future [A]

Well last Friday night I did something I hadn't done in a very long time.  I drank a bit of Scotch after a very long work week.

Well appariently on Ebay I bid on 2 turntables.  I lost the Denon DL 62 I believe it was, but won a Yamaha PF-800 with a Ortofon FF15XE MKII. 

I paid for it, not his fault I was drunk. 

So, here is my list of questions.

1.  Does anyone have a comment on this TT?

2. What is a Ortofon FF 15XE MKII?

3. What additional equipment will I need to operate it through a Yamaha RX-Z1.

Eventially I will get a tube preamp, amp, etc for a two-channel set-up, but for now....

Thank you in advance for your help and I promise I will not get us all in too much trouble in the future [A]

That how I got my Cambridge Azur 640C. I'm glad i got it as it was a great price. Drink some more scotch next weekend and get that preamp : )

That's what I'm talkin about!!!!

I'm not sure, but I think I may have ordered a Russian mail order bride as well....I hope I didn't order the Russian male order bride[:(]

If it's a Russian Mail order bride...........I'LL TAKE HER...Bring her to Manchester, I'll pick her up............

If it's a Russian MALE order bride...........YOUR ON YOUR OWN.......Brother

That's what I'm talkin about!!!!

I'm not sure, but I think I may have ordered a Russian mail order bride as well....I hope I didn't order the Russian male order bride[:(]

I've had Russian male odor pride before. You know, refusing to put on deodorant, and boldly sniffing your pits before going out (and I'm not even Russian, but I have had vodka before).

I have brought music off the internet when being a little tight, but never equipement. I hope it works out for you. What kind of Scotch do you drink?

OB had it right. My brother in law left some Dewery's which I thought was great. I'm an Absolute vodka man myself! I just don't drink much anymore[:'(]