Check out my Home Theater

myram

i really like your homemade component stand. looks very professional and you probably saved $100's?

just keeps getting better and better. Smile.gif

how about having your THX pic back on the screen? or was it DTS... well here is my little addon... hehehe Smile.gif

fullfront2.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Lookin' good!

I still have a hard time accepting a round speaker though ...Speakers are supposed to be square dammit! Tipsy.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

Wowies. Very nice and very clean. I am sure the sound is just awesome! I love the equipment stand really cool. Sigh I need to get some new pics posted too showing the HIP-2 center and the one new cabinet (only one more to go yippe).

Laters,

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

Yes, building my own stand saved me about $300.....and this way it is exactly the size I needed.

I will never go back to a square subwoofer............... SVS-4-EVER cwm12.gifAll that is left to do is the tweaking of the TV....there is so many settings that can be played with to get the very best picture. ISF calibration will come further down the road.....but at $300 it better be worth it.

------------------

Home Theater Page

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought the upgrades where over........not quite so fast.

A Pronto remote is in order now.......5 remotes laying around is just too much.

And if I could find a pair of Forte II's in black.....those would replace my Quartets. And if I could find a pair of KG 1.5's in black, I would trade my oak ones for them.

But other then that......the upgrades are donecwm4.gif

------------------

Home Theater Page

Very nice, It's not only the sound that count's. The eyes want something to.

Yep, black is the way to go. Smile.gif

Doesn't have the Denon a programmable remote????

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

I used 5/8" rubber feet over the ends of the 5/8" threaded rod. They are painted black so they are hard to see. I have been getting alot of compliments on the stand....so it was well worth the savings of $300 to do it myself.

The Denon remote is a learning remote, but only like 30 buttons....after that it learns no more. So the Pronto is a needed item.

------------------

Home Theater Page

Good looking setup MYR, I agree on the stand, could use one myself(tall though), 4 components with turn table(additional stand)but not to high, barely slides in, 3' to 4' of the ground.

The amps should get ample air flow with their openess in the stand(no apparent blockage), not like the glass door encaged mad man home turntable stand.

I built thee stand to match the width of the TV, and due to the openness of the stand there is plenty of air flow around the components to take care of any heat. The stand is open on all sides.....and there is 3/4" clearance over the receiver and over the amp.

The height of the stand was determinded by where the center of the screen would be .....I needed to make the stand to lift the TV up to meet my eyes when I was sitting in the "spot". That meant making the stand 18" tall to put center screen at eye level.

So for $100 I have a custom built stand that is made perfect for what I needed and looks just as good as the $400 one I modeled it after.

------------------

Home Theater Page

• 2 weeks later...

wow I really dig your tv stand. very nice job. i have the same tv (809 right?) and i thought I would be able to find something better than the stand mitsu sells for 300.00! It seems like such a ripoff so I haven't actually bought one yet. custom seems to be the way to go. yours looks way better. nice pics

Thanks!!

The Mits stand for $300 is a total rip off. Besides that it matches the TV, it is useless. You can only fit 2 components in it, and it is totally overpriced.

Like I have said, I built this one custom to fit my components in and it cost me $100. It is 18" tall, 24" deep, and 41 1/2" wide....and the components fit perfectly.

Good Luck.

------------------

Home Theater Page

nice... very nice.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

Philips Pronto ts-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire