Stevei Ray Vaughan interview

jacksonbart

HOTTER THAN A BOWL OF TEXAS CHILI

Had the HONOR of seeing Stevie Ray Vaughan and JEFF BECK on a twin-bill...

RPI Fieldhouse...Troy, New York.....12 NOV 89...have crappy bootleg recordings of that concert..............What a thrill......What an HONOR to see such Talent together on one stage......Stevie and Jeff Jammin' to Don Nix song ........GOIN' DOWN.....pure Magic...will live in my heart forever....R.I.P. STEVIE RAY.........You are missed Brother..............

Have you guys brought the Tribute to SRV? Its pretty damn good, with Jimmie Vaughan.Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, DrJohn and Art Neville. Its a great performance and its a great tribute 5 years after his death, but in many ways to hear all these talented artists cover his work really shows just how great he was.

Have you guys brought the Tribute to SRV? Its pretty damn good, with Jimmie Vaughan.Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, DrJohn and Art Neville. Its a great performance and its a great tribute 5 years after his death, but in many ways to hear all these talented artists cover his work really shows just how great he was.

I agree, it is a really nice album. I particularly like the cuts, "Cold Shot" by Dr. John, "Love Struck Baby" by Robert Cray, and "Texas Flood" by Jimmie Vaughan. Older brother Jimmie is a very good guitarist in his own right.

yup, Stevie was a rare talent indeed, we'll never see the likes of him again i'm afraid, can't help getting a little down thinking of the great recordings we'll never hear, or the progression he'd have made as a guitarist, i'll always regret never seeing him live, and have always thought how great it would have been to meet and talk with him. I have all the recorded material he's done i believe, i probably don't play them as often as i once did, but i still find them as amazing as ever. The feeling and power of the music that came from this man is simply unbelievable, rest his soul. Jimi Vaughn is also a tremendous artist, if you don't have any of his recordings your missing out on some great stuff, i like the sound of his recordings too, as i do most blues music. Jimi plays with great passion and a wicked tone, and a bit of a 50's/blues mix, check him out.