Local sighting catching my attention: chorus II

33klfan

I know i've been talking about tubes and it's been between them and speakers for my next purchase. For speakers even though i never heard either i read many good things about the forte II and chorus II. I let a pair of forte II pass up about a year ago locally. Now, i stumbled across a pair of chorus II's. I really want to go tubes, butI am also feeling speakers though but i'm not sure if my room is too small for the chorus II's. It would probably be overkill in my room at 10.5'x11.5'. An oppurtunity with a local buy would probably come along again, but this got me anxious. I would have to do major rearranging too. I don't know if i am interested in these because they are close or because i want them. Rarely, do items come within pickup zone. Thanks.

not sure there's a question there but.....rooms come and go. If you get Chorus II's they might be overkill now, but they won't be in the next room. I'm not sure there is a such thing as overkill until it's obviously ridiculous. If you want the speakers get them now if they meet your criteria for value (condition, sound). Go listen and decide. The tubes will present themselves accordingly.

Dr. Who I have klipsch sf-1's right now. I also can't get forte II's locally right now.

Ben., That scott was nowhere near $200. The original untouched one was $350. One that was already modded by Craig was $600.

Colterphoto, Where's Elk Grove? If that's not in PA, then no. Which one's are they? I don't think those are it. How'd you find those? I don't see where they are listed.

Chip, i don't even know what 33's are. I have sf-1's.