How do I stop my sub from jumping around?

tonytahoe

Hello everyone. I have just entered the world of Klipsch a little less than a month ago. My modest home theater consists of 2 pairs of RB-61s, a RC-62, and the RW-12d all controlled by a Denon AVR 2106. For the picture I have a 51" Hitachi RPTV, Toshiba DVD player (I have a Oppo 970 on order), digital cable w/ HD DVR. I have been lusting after the Klipsch sound since I was introduced to it by my local dealer a few years ago. Anyway, on to my question. My sub moves around a lot when I am playing music at around -20db's. Any recommendations or common fixes for this. My plan is to try some rubber feet first and if that doesn't work, I was thinking about putting bags of lead shot in a decorative pot and sitting the pot on top of the sub. Any advice will be welcomed. I will post a link to my webshots page later. I need to add some updated pics to it.

Are you on carpet or a hardwood floor? Is the sub "hopping" and making noise, or just sliding around from vibrating?

Rubber feet might work, but if you're on a hardwood floor then you're going to get dust inbetween and eventually it's going to slide again after a while. I vote for putting more weight on top of the sub...just make sure it's not a real plant so you can avoid getting water drippage on the sub.

Welcome to the forum!

Just outta curiosity, what kind of feet do the RW subs come with?

Another alternative if it's just a sliding sub is to use double sided tape. If you're worried about the floor, then you could put something like a 18"x18" marble slab of tile underneath the sub to go inbetween. Not only does it look nice, but it works great as a vacuum / broom guard for the speaker as well.

I have an rw-8, and they are just plastic feet kind of odd shaped but wide for stability. Heck, i would think an easy solution is that rubber drawer mat that you place in drawers to keep stuff from sliding around. I have that underneath my rw-8 on top of a spiked wood base, and it doesn't move. Just put a little piece of it under each leg. Just another easy and cheap suggestion that you won't have to worry about anything aesthetically displeasing.

I had the same problem...They make this rubbery stuff that comes in roll's of 12" by like however many feet. And it's very thin so its unnoticable..You put it on wood, plastic, glass, anything and it doesn't move nor does whatever you place on top of it...alot of people line tool boxes with it or drawers...I bought it at walmart in the craft/home section..