Building backs on older (1989) K horns like the new 60th Anniversary ones.

IndyKlipschFan

I hope you casually said "well, you DO know there is another avenue you can take if you want to upgrade your Khorns"???

!!

Those 60th Ann. models sounded sweet. I like the way they sound, but wouldn't really need a diamond in the front of each cab. Guess I could yank the diamonds, put them in settings and sell them for earrings.

Bruce

"Those 60th Ann. models sounded sweet. I like the way they sound, but wouldn't really need a diamond in the front of each cab. Guess I could yank the diamonds, put them in settings and sell them for earrings."

The wife gets the diamonds...I just get the cabs....

"I have no idea how the tweeters could've blown during shipping....last we had them hooked up was at the Pilgrimage! "

I wasn't surprised to recieved blown tweeters after reading all the threads about playing these speakers at excessively loud volumes after i bought them.  I'm assuming these were packed blown rather than thinking they blew in shipping. My expectation is that these speakers would be checked out before shippment and any issues addresses.   There were items missing as well as improperly disconnect cabling, aside from the blown tweeters.   I don't want to get in the middle of a shipper vs carrier dispute.  I paid big bucks for these.

I checked all the connections thinking something might have got loose either during the packing or shipping but all the wiring looked ok. One of the speakers had the wire from the HF section to the LF section disconnected at the crossover in the HF section rather than at the LF section.  I had to reconnect this at the  barrirer strip on the crossover  on the crossover board, it uses screws to connect, before I could connect the HF section to the LF section.   I checked all the cables on the barrier strip while the access panel was out. 

A new tweeter when connected to the tweeter screws on the barrier strip works just fine.

Last time we were listening to Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein' at 130 db they were working just fine.

jk 

I think the klipschorn is only rated at 121db max...

"I have no idea how the tweeters could've blown during shipping....last we had them hooked up was at the Pilgrimage! "

I wasn't surprised to recieved blown tweeters after reading all the threads about playing these speakers at excessively loud volumes after i bought them.  I'm assuming these were packed blown rather than thinking they blew in shipping. My expectation is that these speakers would be checked out before shippment and any issues addresses.   There were items missing as well as improperly disconnect cabling, aside from the blown tweeters.   I don't want to get in the middle of a shipper vs carrier dispute.  I paid big bucks for these.

I checked all the connections thinking something might have got loose either during the packing or shipping but all the wiring looked ok. One of the speakers had the wire from the HF section to the LF section disconnected at the crossover in the HF section rather than at the LF section.  I had to reconnect this at the  barrirer strip on the crossover  on the crossover board, it uses screws to connect, before I could connect the HF section to the LF section.   I checked all the cables on the barrier strip while the access panel was out. 

A new tweeter when connected to the tweeter screws on the barrier strip works just fine.

• Moderators

I wasn't surprised to recieved blown tweeters after reading all the threads about playing these speakers at excessively loud volumes after i bought them.

That was a joke. I apologize if it didn't come across as one.

We will take care of this. Please email me directly for a resolution.

Thanks.