CD still skips - Any New Items?

Jeff Matthews

That's a toughie, Jeff. A new CD player could cost you as much as $39.

The practice of law isn't what it used to be. Its hard to make ends meet. To make $39, Jeff would have to open an email and log a "0.1" in his billing sheet.

Hee Hee Hee[Y]...I may take the LSAT in the spring.

Be sure you really want to do that.

You need a plan of action for when you get out. If not you can wind up at some horrible firm working 50 to 80 hours a week and have no life but a good paycheck which will seem small because all of your clients are rich. No a very fun life. I worked my way into an in-house gig. Normal business hours and not too stressful. I'd hate to wake up an feel like I threw my life away..be careful.

Valid points all. One of my best friends has a thriving private general practice. Mostly criminal & chancery with a little circuit thrown in. Not a lot of circuit activity in this small area of about 40k. So I would have a home to come back to with ready business. This is his idea but I don't know if I can even get in. We play golf with the guy who was just elected Govenor of Arkansas, so he could probably make it happen. I'm not sure i'm committed.

Like you said, sometimes when I think about it I watch "The Firm."

I agree with Chris to some extent. I've seen alot of miserable lawyers - but I think they are mostly just whiners. But those who think they'll win a prize if they put in 50-60 or more hours a week over sustained periods..... they really ought to re-think things. The fact is money is not all it is cracked up to be. If it was, I'd easily make more. Farting around some..... priceless!!!!

Here's the thing. Take the kid that used to tell the teacher on Friday at 2:59 that she forgot to assign homework and get him together with all of the other kids that did that. This is who goes to law school. I remember a conn law professor offering "extra credit." My wife and I begged everyone not to vote to get the assignment, warning that it was only more work to maintain the curve because everyone would do it. The professor ignored to vote and said, "you guys will learn the game, no assignment." She did not feel like grading an extra assignment either. Imagine that in a professional work setting. These freaks will work until they have a heart attack, then come back for more and they do not know whay they do it. Don't fall into this trap. You need to work smart and always keep learning to make yourself extremely valuable for reasons other than "he is willing to bill 14 hours a day."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, and how to hook it to my pre-amp? And do I have to count on my PC to provide fidelity? Maybe we're on to something. I'm not up to speed on all the technology.

If your using a cheap 20 year old wore out CD player then most likely a PC with a descent sound card would absoltely have at least equal fidelity. The hookup is simple to accomplish you can purchase an adaptor to change the connections on the back of any soundcard to end up with normal RCA termination to hookup to your preamp. Some of the best audiophile soundcrad come equipted with RCA jacks! But I suspect your not going to flip for the cost to do the project right so.......

Craig

Craig, I might be cheap, but if I'm going to do something, I don't mind paying to make sure it is done well. I thought computer soundcards would sound pathetic.

No. It sounds ok. Really. We have a cheapo mini computer for the TV/khorns and the music from it sounds pretty darned good even with the stock sound card, etc. It's still coming through the amp & khorns. We listen while reading the paper & puttering. Really - not too shabby in the grand scheme of things - and if you're playing drums to it, IDK how you'd appreciate the difference anyway. And like with iTunes, you can create easy peasy play lists, etc. all customized instantly for you given your mood. I bet it would work really well for you. We have every CD we own on it and it's shared to all the computers in the house.