Please help, I dont wanna get a bose 321 dvd system .

looseleaf

Hi everyone i'm a newbie but i just got a xbox 360 and a lcd hdtv..and i want to complete it with a nice 2.1 sound system.

Unfortunately
i have no idea what i am doing, but i do know i dont want rears for the
wires. can anyone recommend me whats good for a 15x10 square room.

i was looking at the s-1 s-2 s-3 i have no idea which ones are good, and i was thinking about getting the Synergy Sub-10
woofer..will i need an amp for these things or reciever? if i do can
you guys tell me which one is a cheap one but good enough for this
setup? is this good enough for a 2.1 surround system? is this a
better solution than the bose 321 ?

do i just hook everything up to he reciever? the two speakers the woofer and my tv and xbox 360..and i will work ?

please help all comments and suggestions will be appreciated!!!

A friend's Dad has the 321 system. Whatever you do, DON'T GET IT. It sounded terrible at his house.

The Sub-10 is a pretty potent little sub. I'm assuming you're looking at Best Buy for these speakers? You might want to look into the F1, F2 or F3 floorstanders. Otherwise, within the Synergy series that Best Buy carries, the models with the 3 at the end are going to be the top model within that series. So if you want the best of the 'S' series, go with the S3.

As far as the receiver, all you need is a basic receiver. You should be able to pick a decent one up for $150-200 at Best Buy. Just look for one that has a subwoofer output (almost all receivers on the market have them). You'll then have a receiver that you can hook up your Xbox, TV, DVD player, CD player, etc, and be able to enjoy the audio portion of the above mentioned items that much more!

thank you so much everyone. so just a decent reciever and maybe s-3's and the 420 watt sub will make a good 2.1 gor hd movies and gaming? oh do i need special wires

you guys rock

S-3's are surround speakers. I think you may be happier with either F-3's (floorstanding) or B-3's (bookshelf).

Seriously, what is your budget for the speakers and subwoofer? Are you wanting to mount the LCD on the wall or will it be on a rack? If you are wanting to mount the tv to the wall, maybe look into the RVX 42 or 54. There is also the Synergy version of theseI believe they are the SLX series. Then add a good subwoofer, and I think you would be set if you are not wanting a real big set-up.

Do not buy the synergy line. For the same cost as the f-3 you can go to a Klipsch dealer and haggle them to give you the Rf-82 for the same price. The rf-82 is part of the reference line and puts to shame the synergy line. Maybe a few bucks more but get the reference line. I almost made the same mistake but a forum member gave me the heads up. the 82s will blow you away.