Help, looking for a rockn' version of the classic Peanuts theme song

m00n

Linus and Lucy

"Linus and Lucy" is a jazz piano piece written by Vince Guaraldi and made popular in many of the Peanuts animated television specials.

Although originally intended only for the Peanuts characters Linus and Lucy van Pelt, the piece has come to be recognized as the theme music of the media property in general. It was first recorded by Guaraldi's jazz trio for the 1963 documentary special A Boy Named Charlie Brown.

Pianists who play in public venues where requests are taken find that it is among the most frequently requested pieces.

"Linus and Lucy" is often heard in background music compilations played in various businesses such as department stores.

The piece has also been used as background music on The Weather Channel's local forecast segments during December.

Most recently, the song was used by the Ford company for its "Simple" promotion, and in Westpac bank's Australia and New Zealand advertising campaign.

Covered by

David Benoit on Best of David Benoit: 1987-1995

Cyrus Chestnut on A Charlie Brown Christmas

Stuart Hamm, as part of "Quahogs Anyone? (119, 120 Whatever It Takes)" on The Urge

Gary Hoey on Endless Summer II Soundtrack

JFA (Jody Foster's Army) on Mad Gardens EP

Less than Jake live at the Alachua Music Harvest on January 15th, 1995

Wynton Marsalis Septet on Joe Cool's Blues

Dave Matthews Band at various concerts

Rhythm Pigs on Rhythm Pigs & I'm not crazy...

George Winston on Linus & Lucy: The Music Of Vince Guaraldi

Andrew York on Perfect Sky

Game Theory (band) on The Big Shot Chronicles

Gary Hoey on "Wake Up Call"

Lindy Gravelle on "The Journey"

Various Sources on Archive.org

I have an original Charlie Brown Christmas on cassette tape. I can record a copy onto a cassette blank if you like. lugnutdoug@hotmail.com

Thanks but that's ok, I appreciate it though.. I just remember about 18 years ago being in philly. Walked into a club where a typical 80 rock cover band was playing and they kicked out a rock and role cruncy version of Linus and Lucy. It was incredible. Would just love to hear another heavy metal version some day.

Oh and Oldtimer? Those links are not working. [:)]