Theater subs.

mike stehr

It worked earlier...dammit!......

Yeah he did have problems with Adire. Mike set-up a deal with a goverment contract to purchase the drivers from Adire. Wiggins had until mid-november to follow through with the subwoofers. Dan dropped the ball, and didn't have the drivers ready in time I guess.

Then never even tried to contact Mike to tell him what's up, not even to tell him whether they were finished or not. Even after repeated attempts to contact from Mike's side, Dan just totally flaked him off. When contact was finally made, so much time had passed that Mike told him to forget it. Mike knows Dan personally, and has bought many Adire drivers, even Dan sent prototypes to thrash on.

Seems rather strange that he would do that. Maybe there is a good reason, but to dodge Mike the way he did is just bad practice. Nonetheless, Mike is done with Adire.

Bottom line, Adire's customer service is worthless and should just do OEM. Plenty of good subwoofer manufacturers out there with good customer service, like RE or sumthin'...

Maybe a link to the thread will work........

http://www.forceaudio.com/showthread.php?t=201

Oh wow, they're even carpeted with corner guards. Is there additional bracing internally for the caster wheels? I know it's holding now, but it might start to sag after a while and then the wheels push all the way through...With such beefy drivers I think it's definitely an issue to consider.

Oh wow, they're even carpeted with corner guards. Is there additional bracing internally for the caster wheels? I know it's holding now, but it might start to sag after a while and then the wheels push all the way through...With such beefy drivers I think it's definitely an issue to consider.

I dunno what he did about bracing for the caster wheels. You could join the forum and ask him, it seems you have time enough to ask questions.

Here's what he said about the casters and weight...

" The casters had a large mounting plate (5" x 5") and I used grade 8,
3/8" bolts and nuts with 1 1/2" diameter washers on the inside of the
cabinets. I torqued them as tight as I could with a 3/8" ratchet and
the washers just barely sunk in to the MDF. I think it will be planty
strong, the cabinets walls are 1 1/4" thick anyways...

I think the weight is over 400lbs each, but I would have to throw them
on a scale. They are very, very hard to lift up, it takes 2 people, 4
make it more managable....."