How much difference can one piece of wire make...

Ray Garrison

I read words like "musicality, detail, purity, harmonic expansiveness, attack, sustain, decay, realism" and gathered that the author grabbed a book of Audiology 101 and perused the index to think of words to use.

The biggest difference one wire can make is an errant strand of copper connecting those oh so closely spaced + and - connectors.

This one rely's on not adding capacitance to the cable.

So if you have a wire with no added capacitance, and wires with added capacitance (all wires that use inslulators that touch the conductor), a wire that does not add capacitance, under the right senerio, can sound different than a wire that has added capacitance.

The mention of the use of multiple fine conductors vs lessor larger conductors and issues with skin resistance I thought was an accepted fact....but it turns out this view is not universal.

less than the effects of mind altering substances?

I would think the pause in music during the changing of the wires put the listener in a better mood after hearing all that yawn music, or maybe the chemicals started kicking in [:o] Seriously, the Sugar Plum Fairy is only good for getting high, not critiquing wire...unless you're listening to the Trans-Siberian version, but it's still not critique music.

Why not find something that will sound worse due to the better transparency? [^o)]

I would think the pause in music during the changing of the wires put the listener in a better mood after hearing all that yawn music, or maybe the chemicals started kicking in [:o] Seriously, the Sugar Plum Fairy is only good for getting high, not critiquing wire...unless you're listening to the Trans-Siberian version, but it's still not critique music.

Why not find something that will sound worse due to the better transparency? [^o)]

Uh, Doc, you feeling ok? Sound a bit kryzzy like you been hangin out at the flop pad with Johny Holiday! [*-)]

Everybody seems to be missing my point... to quote the original review I pointed to:

The Zero: Air-dielectric, evacuated interconnect with Rectangular Solid-Core conductors (available in analog, digital S/PDIF and AES/EBU forms) and Floating Ground System. Capacitance: 3.4pF/foot. Inductance: 0.018µH/foot.

Price: *** $14,900/pair *** in lengths of 1m, 2m, or 3m. Other lengths, prices vary. Approximate number of dealers: 8. Warranty: 5 years, nontransferable. Under separate warranty program, the cable is guaranteed to maintain its vacuum condition. The original purchaser may at his option send the cable to TARA Labs for a free diagnostic service, including an evaluation of the vacuum condition at any time during the first 3 years; thereafter, a service fee will apply.

Manufacturer: TARA Labs, 550 Clover Lane, Ashland, OR 97520. Tel: (541) 488-6465. Fax: (541) 488-6463. Web: www.taralabs.com.

Uh, Doc, you feeling ok? Sound a bit kryzzy like you been hangin out at the flop pad with Johny Holiday! [*-)]

have you seen his away messages

Spit on the wall and freeze the pillow. Throw a disc in the outlet and pick up the woodchips.

Everybody seems to be missing my point... to quote the original review I pointed to:

The Zero: Air-dielectric, evacuated interconnect with Rectangular Solid-Core conductors (available in analog, digital S/PDIF and AES/EBU forms) and Floating Ground System. Capacitance: 3.4pF/foot. Inductance: 0.018µH/foot.

Price: *** $14,900/pair *** in lengths of 1m, 2m, or 3m. Other lengths, prices vary. Approximate number of dealers: 8. Warranty: 5 years, nontransferable. Under separate warranty program, the cable is guaranteed to maintain its vacuum condition. The original purchaser may at his option send the cable to TARA Labs for a free diagnostic service, including an evaluation of the vacuum condition at any time during the first 3 years; thereafter, a service fee will apply.

Manufacturer: TARA Labs, 550 Clover Lane, Ashland, OR 97520. Tel: (541) 488-6465. Fax: (541) 488-6463. Web: www.taralabs.com.

jesus, they even milk you after 3 years!!! "a service fee will apply" WTF!!!!

and yeah thats about as much money as a honda civic and the Honda civic I think is more useful and has a 5 year warantee that you probably will need since you do drive it while that cable's life will be sitting on the floor (or someone got fleeced and uses that cable holder that doesn't allow it on the carpet).