K510 Jubilee little HF horn....

sfogg

OK. All Joking aside.

So I call up Chuck or email him and ask for a pair of Grand-HF-T. Then I will get a pair of 510 and K69?

So now again...is there a parametric EQ you would recommend in addition to a passive network as opposed to EQ'ing the passive?

Any chance you could show us some curves of this 510 with the K69?

Also.....You can consider me "hornbassguy" out of determination with no expertise....but I'm an expert as a "waterpipesguy" with little left of determination....OK!

jc

you can get a grandhf if you want but i have suggested to others that a 904hf with a 69 driver is a better deal since you get a bracket to help mount it to the top of something, like let's say for giggles........a lf horn bin!

no you are a hornbassguy that has expertise because of your determination (to see different things thru), experimentation (to try different things) and instrumentation (to measure those different things).

the deal is that you email me at work and i can get you thru to chuck, if you would like.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. All Joking aside.

So I call up Chuck or email him and ask for a pair of Grand-HF-T. Then I will get a pair of 510 and K69?

So now again...is there a parametric EQ you would recommend in addition to a passive network as opposed to EQ'ing the passive?

Also.....You can consider me "hornbassguy" out of determination with no expertise....but I'm an expert as a "waterpipesguy" with little left of determination....OK!

jc

hey basshornguy,

crap i forgot about your other questions...i will try to get a curve of the 510 with a k69. i think i owe some other curves as well.....684 and 884 i believe. i just did a passive network for a 510 and bnc 75 that looks pret-tee good from about 800 to 19k +/- 3 db.......and sensitivity around 102 db........

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Great. The KPT-904-HF with a K-69 driver. Isn't it good from 600Hz out to 19000Hz? I was gonna cross 600Hz to start. The specs of the K69 on the 501 say 8dB +/- 2dB 800Hz - 12000Hz. Does the low end roll off under 800Hz? I assume it didn't since the guys with the home jubilee system are crossing the K69 much lower.

Yes I am interested in your KPT-884 and the KPT-684 curves.....raw.

I live in a golf course neighborhood and my wifes best friend was just hit in the head with a golf ball today. CT Scan head was negative thank goodness. But you can bet our move from here will be ASAP to a new built house. We are scared to death of our kids playing outside.

SOOO. I need to start tinkerin' with this stuff. Those low end bins are an interest of mine.

jc

OK. All Joking aside.

jc

you can get a grandhf if you want but i have suggested to others that a 904hf with a 69 driver is a better deal since you get a bracket to help mount it to the top of something, like let's say for giggles........a lf horn bin!

no you are a hornbassguy that has expertise because of your determination (to see different things thru), experimentation (to try different things) and instrumentation (to measure those different things).

the deal is that you email me at work and i can get you thru to chuck, if you would like.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I thought they had them going through me to Roy to Chuck- what am I gonna not get my cut on this one??? [:o] LOL

Roy,

"we are working on an olympic speaker and guess what horn got called
into duty? no.....not the 403.....geesh......bad guesser......the 510!"

Cool! I'm sure there are build cost considerations but I could see that horn in many places.

Shawn

Roy,

"the k-1132 is a driver that meets thx spec. that was before these extended top end drivers came out. thx applies a known amount of boost to the top end so it expects a certain amount of rolloff. if is doesn't have that roll off, the top end is too bright. the k-69 and bnc75 are the extended top end drivers that we use so i would use either for your application."

Interesting. How much of a difference is there before the THX spec. drivers and say the K-69 or DE75? I think the 44xt is a THX approved driver and I hadn't seen anything on what THX specs are for a compression driver.

Thanks,

Shawn

Roy,

"the k-1132 is a driver that meets thx spec. that was before these extended top end drivers came out. thx applies a known amount of boost to the top end so it expects a certain amount of rolloff. if is doesn't have that roll off, the top end is too bright. the k-69 and bnc75 are the extended top end drivers that we use so i would use either for your application."

Interesting. How much of a difference is there before the THX spec. drivers and say the K-69 or DE75? I think the 44xt is a THX approved driver and I hadn't seen anything on what THX specs are for a compression driver.

Thanks,

Shawn

it depends on which thx spec it is meeting....for the old 2 way with an electronic network with a set delay, you have to meet a certain freq curve (mostly based on the freq response of the jbl comp driver on the butt cheeks horn). for the new adjustable electronic crossovers, you can use the extended top end. we sell quite a few of two way systems that are going into auditoriums outside the US that are going for thx approval, the older spec. that is why we have the 1132. and why we have the bnc and 69 is for the newer spec.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Great. The KPT-904-HF with a K-69 driver. Isn't it good from 600Hz out to 19000Hz? I was gonna cross 600Hz to start. The specs of the K69 on the 501 say 8dB +/- 2dB 800Hz - 12000Hz. Does the low end roll off under 800Hz? I assume it didn't since the guys with the home jubilee system are crossing the K69 much lower.

I live in a golf course neighborhood and my wifes best friend was just hit in the head with a golf ball today. CT Scan head was negative thank goodness. But you can bet our move from here will be ASAP to a new built house. We are scared to death of our kids playing outside.

SOOO. I need to start tinkerin' with this stuff. Those low end bins are an interest of mine.

jc

Hey Roy. Not sure if you saw the above first paragraph. It was stuck at the end of the last page then a bunch of posts came through.

What are your thoughts.

jc

the k69 on the 510 is pretty smooth down to just below 500. we say 600 Hz for the cinema auditoriums. remember these things are pushed hard 7 days a week. if you have noticed the 69 has 2.75" diaphragm while the bnc has a 3" diaphragm. that larger diap can let the bnc go lower for the spls that they will undergo. for home use the 69 will be just fine to 500.

jc

Hey Roy. Not sure if you saw the above first paragraph. It was stuck at the end of the last page then a bunch of posts came through.

What are your thoughts.

jc

sorry hornbassguy....i thought i had answered your questions....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Roy. My computer at work bit the dust so I won't be quite as accessible as usual. I will have email and internet access but won't be as quik on the draw.

I DO want to make arrangements of what has been spoken of above. All this transaction is doing is softening you up for more info later......we can just sart with those KPT 884 and 684 curves..and..K501/K69 curves. Then ....well...then...well... who knows what you will give us.

jc

Shawn:

I know you thought the 510s 'good' enough to work as a replacement for what you were using before. After having some time with them, how are things going? The first Altecs you tried with your LS bins were the 511B? Is that correct? Acoustic memory can be pretty fuzzy, but are the 510s an improvement over both Altecs you've lived with for awhile? What about mounting the new horns on a baffle -- any plans for that?

And just out of curiosity: Do makers of HT movie screens make them acoustically transparent by design? Since you've got the horns behind the screen, I was wondering if you had done any response measurements with and without the screen.

Thanks,

Erik