Nothing Special, My Living Room Setup

justin_tx_16

Is that those Heresy's and H/K reciever I remember you getting a couple years ago? Nice TV as well.

Yeah, I know all to well how financially trying college was - hell, that is a much better setup than the 13-inch TV and boombox that I had when I was in college. I thought I was Mr. BigShot when I scored a CD player (and this was in the late 80's, early 90's). Don't have the TV anymore, but still have the boombox and the CD player (the CD player I still use in my bedroom setup).

They are the same, nothing has changed there except the fuses. After I got that HK430 I replaced every single fuse and many cables to higher quality ones, especially the power cable, it was in pretty bad shape. I want to put risers on my Heresys but I'm not so sure about that.

I saw Dreamgirls in the theater tonight and while it sounded OK, my modest setup in my living room totally blows the theater out of the water. I was so disappointed in the theater's system that playing the soundtrack was the first thing I did after getting home.

I added a HDTV DVR, HDTV (god bless HDMI) and Apple Airport Express (which does a great job of streaming even my lossless music to the living room). Next addition is a Nintento Wii, they look like so much fun.

Nothing special? Bite your tongue!

Justin, that's a fine system you have there...simple, yet very effective! It's neat and uncluttered without any extra components that aren't needed. Looks like you're getting the most amount of music with the least amount of gear, and I can see you 10 or even 20 years from now with this very same system (in a bedroom or office, natch...you'll have a grand, full blown audio/HT setup with Klipsch all the way 'round in your future music room).

Enjoy. And it's great seein' ya again.

Yeah, it definitely works for me. I just want something a bit bigger for the mains, move the heresy's to the back. I was thinking la scalas up front? I don't have the money or the room for K-Horns (or do i?). And since I don't really have the money to buy anything, I would have to build it. Anyone build any heritage and have an idea of how much money I would need to build a pair?

Bass on a Cornwall would be better than on LS, but the LS still sound great with the right gear.

DMAN has a design that is sort of a ported LS. It is shallower than the LS, so it would fit in easier, but better bass. I have the plans, but someone on the forums is actually building a pair now.

Bruce