Hey, Colterphoto...

wstrickland1

Sams Club and Walmart are junk. Prints look horrible.

Send your files to a pro lab via internet. They use real photo paper and LED printers.

But I wanna do it myself!!

I saw an Epson 1800 in Besy Buy....nice prints and $420, but they say the 2400 does B & W better. I probably will go with the 2400.

Thanks guys

THere is one of the Epsons that has three Black cartridges I believe. THey do an okay job. Where you'll go crazy and spend beaucoup dollars is in color management. Keeping the printer/monitor in sync is a nightmare that the labs will handle for you. Inkjet prints DO NOT look like real photos to my discerning eye. Something about the way the ink layers up that just isnt' natural. You cannot use solvents like Pec12 to clean the photo because the ink is soluable. Ink is expensive and not going down in price. THe machines are quite large, somewhat loud, and do need maintenance. Do a cost/benefit analysis and see how many years of printing you can afford for the price of this machine and expendables. I don't think it's less expensive for many people unless you're selling at a pretty pricey retail dollar.

Unless speed is of absolute necessity, I would still argue against this option.

So Billy ,

Are you umm , err , shifting careers ?

No Willy, I wish. I got this really good camera and now I want a really good printer. Colt has some excellent points though, and he is a Pro.......kinda like if someone asked me about heating and cooling options, I'd tell them what they need to know not what they want to hear. NO, Colt did not tell me what I want to hear....I wanted him to say, oh yea, get this and it's everything you need, but being the straight-up professional that he is, he didn't and I appreciate that. That being said, I may STILL buy the printer but only use it sparingly and send out the ones I need mass quantities of, like my daughters headshots, etc.

Here's a picture of her last year and I hate to brag but the kids got talent.....wait, I LOVE to brag (about my kids anyway) so you see, I have a great subject so I'm justifying and on and on......

post-18056-1381931831111_thumb.jpg